What scared you when you were a kid?

Vampire films totally screwed me up as a kid. My brother and I used to sleep over my nan's house when my cousins were visiting and often than not, my nan would fall asleep in her rocking chair and we'd end up viewing some old black and white vampire film. It scared me that much that during the summer I would not let my parents open my bedroom window.

Doctor Who has a lot to answer for. These days I hide behind the dalek at the first sight of a sofa.

To be honest, I don't recall anything that scared me as a kid... except my dad finding out we'd used his tools and "good wood" to build a treefort...

the hatch to loft at the top of stairs,my older brother told me a man called mr jones lived in there and would peep out as you walked up the stairs and if he saw you looking would come and get you.suffice to say i used to run up the stairs like the clappers,heart thumping and hide under the covers until i couldn,t breath lol.

I along with my friends, use to be scared of three things when we was younger around my area.

First was a horrid evil very big oil painting of a clown that mum hanged on the landing wall that my mum loved, Me and my younger brother hated going past it has we thought it was alive and watching us, my friends would never want to play in our bedroom because they dint want to pass it, till this day me and my brother have hated clowns.

Anouther was the Jewish cemetery on colley road, we was forever told it had a witch and a wolf buried in the grounds across from the cemetery thats now gone. We was told to close our eyes count to 10 then run on 10 has if we did not do this witch will come get us in our sleep.

The last one was two houses, one of the houses looked very spooky has it was over grown with bushes and trees you could not see anything and we hear the woman was evil has we never saw her, that thanks to our older friends telling us that. Even more spooky i now live in that same house, i could not belive when i got the address from the council and my friend thought it was so funny, but now it looks more alive and less scary now, and i have met the woman who lived hear all these years and to say she is very nice.

sounds like a house i was scared of on sicey avenue,we always thought she was a witch,and used to run away when she opened her door lol.

the Silent Hill game, especially that game

I wasn't a kid when it came out, but that was by far the creepiest game I'd ever played. I actually had to turn it off a few times, because I was getting the heebie-jeebies! That radio... *shivers*

Shame the sequels didn't capture the atmosphere as well.

There was this creepy clown teddy in my room. I used to lay and watch it at night until I fell asleep to make sure it didn't get me. One day I plucked up the courage to shove it in the loft.

We never saw it again, even after clearing out the loft.

My theory is that it's out to get me :(

Big leaves ! My Dad had a rhubarb patch and the leaves used to grow higher than me. Kids in the neighbourhood found out and used to chase me with the leaves !

Still don't like plants with large leaves- over 40 years on.........!

I wasn't a kid when it came out, but that was by far the creepiest game I'd ever played. I actually had to turn it off a few times, because I was getting the heebie-jeebies! That radio... *shivers*

Shame the sequels didn't capture the atmosphere as well.

You couldn't begin to believe just how much I am with you there!

Lou Ferigno as The Hulk, Mr Barlow (the blue skinned vampire from Salem's Lot), the little vampire boy scratching at the window to be let in (from Salem's Lot again), the air attack warning siren (it once went of when we were out and about at school delivering harvest festival boxes, and i thought the world would end there and then), the film THREADS, An American Werewolf in London, the bushes at the bottom of our garden, and finally SOAP.... what child wasn't afraid of soap?! it rotted your skin!!!!

clowns - still cant stand them.

Quatermass & the pit (the one with the Aliens).

Jaws (still refuse to swim in any rivers or the sea)

Baboons (seriously traumatised by them at a Safari Park).