Has anyone renewed a passport recently? Did it take long?

I need to renew my passport, they have an on line form you fill in then they post ot for you to sign then retrun etc, has anyone done this recently? did it take long for your new passport to be returned?

Cheers

I did the post office check thingy where you fill it in and pay them about £7 to check it. This fast tracks it. I got it back within 10 days.

Actually they checked it and I'd got a date wrong and they said "oooh no. That'll get sent back!" I thought "Oh sod it" and sent it anyway and got it back just the same.

I need to renew my passport, they have an on line form you fill in then they post ot for you to sign then retrun etc, has anyone done this recently? did it take long for your new passport to be returned?

Cheers

The online bit seemed a bit of a waste of time to me, you might as well pick a form up at the post office, fill it in and take it back to them, let them check it and send it, they charge about a fiver extra. It then takes less than 2 weeks, I did it in July, must be their busiest time, it took 10 days. You can still track it online.

I'll add, PO seemed a bit pedantic at the time, signed photo had to be in black ink but better they spot it than it being returned from Passport people.

By the way, if the back of passport picture is glossy, give it a quick rub with nail varnish remover, or petrol, let it dry, the biro works fine.

A couple of months ago, it took a week and that was directly to them (without the post office thing).

Booked a week turn around service and appointment in liverpool so no need to worry.

Ta

:)

I renewed my passport and (didn't use the post office service) and got a new one back in less than a week.

I did my sons (aged 6) at the same time and this took longer because they wouldn't accept the photo's - his head was tilted to the side about 4 degrees?!?!? Don't get me started on that subject!

I renewed my passport and (didn't use the post office service) and got a new one back in less than a week.

I did my sons (aged 6) at the same time and this took longer because they wouldn't accept the photo's - his head was tilted to the side about 4 degrees?!?!? Don't get me started on that subject!

That's not fair to pick on your son for his disability:hihi:

I have never been to Liverpool so will make a nice day out.. In the bloody rain!! I am probably fretting with out reason but don't want to be stressing it it takes bloody ages!

I have never been to Liverpool so will make a nice day out.. In the bloody rain!! I am probably fretting with out reason but don't want to be stressing it it takes bloody ages!

How much are they charging you for that?

Just sit at home and fill it in. It'll be fine. Unless of course you are an illegal immigrant. That might take a tad longer:hihi:

liverpool is ok if you have the weather i went a bit ago for a passport you hand it in and then be told to come back around 4 or 5 hours later.

i had a good walk around liverpool but it was peeing it down so i found myself in a internet caf bored out of my skull paying about a fiver per hour to use the net.

Renewed mine a few weeks ago. Did through the post office and took under a week. I was very supprised, was expecting much longer.

That's not fair to pick on your son for his disability:hihi:

We had to put a cushion under his left buttock to get his head straight. Of course, his body is now tilted 4 degrees but that is apparently OK.

It is all to do with the latest face recognition technology. If the head is tilted then the system struggles to make comparisons against a database used to ID terrorist suspects. This is obviously vital when decided whether it is safe to let a 6 year old onto a plane!