Did anyone see someone get off a bus and be attacked on Hartley brook road?

Moonbird

does he know who did this? is there CCTV? are there credible witnesses that will give a statement and go to court? If so then the police will do everything they can. You already mentioned that they turned up quick enough to arrive when the offenders were still there, but sadly the offenders made off.

As sad as it is that your lad was assaulted, i dont believe the police said we wont do anything at all. But the police need proof and evidence. And without it there is no case.

The only possible CCTV coverage is from the bus if the bus had it (that we know of anyway), the bus driver was a witness he was sat on top of the situation so to speak, my son doesn't know who did it no.

The evidence from the driver and bus CCTV is there, isn't it up to the police to check that out? surely my son doesn't have to do their job for them?

I am sure that if he had been told that they would check it out as much as possible he would have felt better about it all, but as it is people feel that they are at the mercy of these people with no legal back up at all....of course it may well be the case that police are over worked etc and we understand this, but it doesn't make it alright when ordinary people cannot go about their business in safety.

how do you know police arnt looking into the CCTV, they often have to respond from one job to another and dont always get time to update people straight away. As far as im aware the CCTV on buses is internal and covers the inside of the bus. Tho i may be wrong. If the driver was a witness and is willing to give a statement then im sure officers will take one, and will circulate the description/s as given by your son.

how do you know police arnt looking into the CCTV, they often have to respond from one job to another and dont always get time to update people straight away. As far as im aware the CCTV on buses is internal and covers the inside of the bus. Tho i may be wrong. If the driver was a witness and is willing to give a statement then im sure officers will take one, and will circulate the description/s as given by your son.

New buses have external CCTV too, it can be collected by the Police at olive grove - they are the only people whom can collect it.

Well then in that case they should have said that they were going to look into it, instead of giving the impression that nothing was going to happen.

It's all well and good you trying to defend people but you were not there, and neither have you had the experience of calling the police and them turning up 3 hours later, and even with evidence and people saying they wanted charges brought just walking away and doing nothing...this is ridiculous why do I have to defend the fact that my son would have liked to have felt that he was taken seriously?

The fact is its not just my son either is it, how many people do you need to give their experience of police not helping with problems on estates, I don't care about your excuses made on their behalf, I want them to do their job!

I am not going to argue the toss on this any further, I doubt that you are persuading anyone that anything will be done at all, I hope that you are right and something is being done about it...I won't hold my breath.

no i wasnt. but i have been present at the scene of many many assaults. More than i imagine you have been present at. I know exactly how the police work... as i am a police officer. Sorry, didnt you say that the police arrived straight away and chased the offenders off? If officers then returned 3 hours later to discuss the matter i imagine that this was becuase there were other incidents happening that they were needed at. As you say, your not interested in how the police work and dont seem to want to know how the police work and how stretched they are.

You say there is evidence....what is it please?

I understand that it must have been a terrible ordeal for your son and yourself, but people have to understand that sadly we are thin on the ground. Ecclesfield police station for example covers Pitsmoor, burngreave, shiregreen, winkobank, longley, southey, parson cross, chapeltown, Spital Hill.... and as such is VERY busy.

no i wasnt. but i have been present at the scene of many many assaults. More than i imagine you have been present at. I know exactly how the police work... as i am a police officer.

I understand that it must have been a terrible ordeal for your son and yourself, but people have to understand that sadly we are thin on the ground. Ecclesfield police station for example covers Pitsmoor, burngreave, shiregreen, winkobank, longley, southey, parson cross, chapeltown, Spital Hill.... and as such is VERY busy.

You say you are a police officer :suspect: yet you don't know which police station deals with which area, As far as i'm aware Shiregreen does not come under Ecclesfield police station nor do many of the other areas you have stated, we come under Attercliffe, which by the way is one of the few stations that are manned at night because Ecclesfield like most of our police stations close.

No one is calling the officers themselves, but the policys with which they have to work. People want safe streets and if the powers that be don't get their finger out soon people are going to start retaliating then where will we be,

You say you are a police officer :suspect: yet you don't know which police station deals with which area, As far as i'm aware Shiregreen does not come under Ecclesfield police station nor do many of the other areas you have stated, we come under Attercliffe, which by the way is one of the few stations that are manned at night because Ecclesfield like most of our police stations close.

No one is calling the officers themselves, but the policys with which they have to work. People want safe streets and if the powers that be don't get their finger out soon people are going to start retaliating then where will we be,

Sorry your wrong! there was a reallignment in March this year during which most stations in Sheffield gained and lost certain area's. Ecclesfield gained the areas that i have mentioned and turned from being a non responsive station to a responsive one. This also means it IS manned at night. I strongly suggest that you arm yourself with FACTS before acusing somebody.

If you want more police officers on the streets write to your local MP, get all your friends to do the same. If everybody wrote complaining the goverment would have to act.