The Sheffield Gay Scene

Carborundum

Does anyone know if there are any specifically gay bars on Chesterfield - especially ones with drag queens?

Yes, 'Nickels' and Centro in Chesterfield, especially every Wednesday, from about 9pm, and then 'I Love Candy' at ESCAPADE club from about 10pm until 3. All three venues are located in the town centre, Nickels is only just around the corner from Escapade, and for those without your own car/driver or money for a cab back to Sheffield, a very late train from London leaves Chesterfield station for Sheffield after 1am; the timing of it varies, usually it leaves at about 1.40am, but sometimes it is earlier at 1.15 or even 1.06. Still, this gives you an EXCELLENT night out, for the price of a day return by train at £4.00, plus drinks.:hihi:

So does anyone know how the Dempseys tuesday party went - sorry due to circumstances beyond my control ie too many shots at lions lair - i could not make it alas - sorry tyranna if you were stood up waiting for me and could not go in till i arrived :(

So does anyone know how the Dempseys tuesday party went - sorry due to circumstances beyond my control ie too many shots at lions lair - i could not make it alas - sorry tyranna if you were stood up waiting for me and could not go in till i arrived :(

It was incredibly busy.

Is Affinity definitely moving to the mulberry tavern? I walked past a couple of days ago and couldn't see any development work going off.. and if it is moving there, why is there still a 'to let' sign in the window? i hope its not just a big rumor.

Is Affinity definitely moving to the mulberry tavern? I walked past a couple of days ago and couldn't see any development work going off.. and if it is moving there, why is there still a 'to let' sign in the window? i hope its not just a big rumor.

It's definitely not a rumour. Work is currently happening inside. :)

The frontage will be one of the last things to be completed prior to opening.

It's definitely not a rumour. Work is currently happening inside. :)

The frontage will be one of the last things to be completed prior to opening.

Thanks for that :) from what I've seen i can't see it opening early september.. but lets hope so. Would be great if it's open in time for the freshers and students return!

Archived