The Car Boot Megathread - see first post for list of forthcoming car boot sales

Sorry, I think you have got some of your facts a little wrong. The car boot sale is NOT held every month - they are only allowed 4 per year. The dates are 5th April, 7th June, 2nd August and 4th October. :thumbsup:
Thanks, I'e amended the first post

Bit short notice but I saw some ads (on trees in Endcliffe Park) advertising a Table Top Sale at the Catholic? Church next to Somerfield on Ecclesall Road. Think it's from 12 noon but don't quote me. Seemed to be greared towards families: baby clothes. toys and the like. £6 per table.

i have recently closed down a shop and am trying to get rid of the last few bits but havnt got enough to go 2 a market + its all unwanted by me so im gona try what time have sellers got 2 get to marsh lane

if anyone is interested barlborough on a saturday morning doesnt start back until 2nd may

Which carboot is usually the best for sellers?

I did one at Grenoside last yeat but it wasn't worth the effort as I didnt make much.

i love twin oaks to be honest

marsh lane is also good but can be crap as well

Does anybody know when will be the next carboot on infirmary road?

When I spoke to them last week they said they had not set a date for the next one but there would be three more this year.

We went to Twin Oaks this week and managed to avoid the downpour, we were on our way home when it started. I have to say there were a lot of comments from buyers waiting to get into the sale regarding 'dealers' buying up all the decent stuff and then re-selling on at a profit. Its not that i disagree with this but i think that they should just let everyone on together and not make the public wait. That would give everyone an equal chance to bag a bargain!! It states quite clearly NO PUBLIC TILL 1PM but the let everyone on at 12.30 so not really worth advertising it as STRICTLY NO ENTRY BEFORE 1PM.

The sellers still get pestered to death while trying to set up their stalls(i have sold there too) by the traders so i dont see why they dont just let everyone on as and when they arrive, like Marsh Lane ..and they dont charge either.

i totaly agree lets start a petition:thumbsup:

We went to Oaks this week and it was good - apart from one thing. Last year, people with a disabled badge were allowed to park close to the entrance. This year, a surly attendant told me to bugger off with everyone else. No attempt to help. This meant we had to park at the bottom of the overflow field - so when I finally made the entrance, I was, to put it mildly, knackered.

I hope the Twin Oaks people read this and let disabled people with badges back to the old system. And kick the surly attendant up the....

In case anyone is wondering, I have heart problems, and can only walk very slowly, and not for long, uphill. If this carries on, my last car boot will be a thing of the past.

i totaly agree lets start a petition:thumbsup:

From reading the post about Twin Oaks on the first page, it says anyone can enter at 10am and pay the £10 fee, so i'd assume it's not just traders, it's open to anyone, you just pay £10.

We went to Oaks this week and it was good - apart from one thing. Last year, people with a disabled badge were allowed to park close to the entrance. This year, a surly attendant told me to bugger off with everyone else. No attempt to help. This meant we had to park at the bottom of the overflow field - so when I finally made the entrance, I was, to put it mildly, knackered.

I hope the Twin Oaks people read this and let disabled people with badges back to the old system. And kick the surly attendant up the....

In case anyone is wondering, I have heart problems, and can only walk very slowly, and not for long, uphill. If this carries on, my last car boot will be a thing of the past.

No offence, but if you have difficulty walking from one end of the car park, how do you manage to walk around the car boot?

It's not level, and it took us hours last time we went.

Maybe a more level one with a proper car park would be more suitable?