Postmen - not posting letters correctly

Yesterday I took a Special Delivery to a house - the guy came to the door, looked at it and said 'thats not mine, i've never heard of them'.

Thats something valuable or urgent, costing nearly a tenner in postage and someone can't even be bothered to check they've got the right address.

I had a Card which was addressed to Mrs *****, 25 ******** Place. I got there and realised they didn't live there so I knocked on the door and checked just to make sure (i've been doing the delivery years so knew the name), they actually lived at 38 ********* Road, I took it there and they were thankful i'd got it to them.

No doubt if it had 'gone missing' (as in delivered to the address that was on it like it should have been) then the sender would have been moaning about the rubbish service, or 'thieving posties' :rolleyes:

We haven't got a chance when people are just putting anything for an address. Christmas time is a complete joke, cards come that say 'Mr and Mrs Smith, Arbourthorne' and suchlike. I get dozens with the wrong addresses on - wrong house number, wrong street name (sometimes both) wrong district, wrong postcode, then there's the ones with handwriting so bad you haven't got a hope of reading what it says.

Oh Yes But of course we know every single person in every single street in every single city,town,and village in the whole country!

I find it funny as well that people are constantly stopping me and asking for directions to random places!, and are suprised on the occasions that I don't know!

One "scatty" girl asked me where the nearest postbox was and I said "about a few minutes down the road in that direction", and she just mumbled "oh I don't have time to walk that far and headed off in the completely opposite direction presumbly in the hope of finding one slightly nearer?

What's the Point in asking then? Daft Girl! They should advertise A-Zs on the T.V More maybe people would have the sense to buy them when they move to a new city they've never even been to before! Since Logic and Common Sense seem to have gone out of the Window these days!

Still doesn't beat the time that I was asked where a street was, didn't know, and was promptly told to "F Off Then!" by the person asking! How Lovely!

Quick update for you all, I've heard on the grapevine today, (these rumours invariably end up being true!) from the mail centre, they're gonna make us start another half hour later by putting back the missort run 30 mins. Post will be even later people......!

to all of the above who are moaning about their deliveries. will we still get our christmas tips as we then can shop at netto for our christmas dinner

Quick update for you all, I've heard on the grapevine today, (these rumours invariably end up being true!) from the mail centre, they're gonna make us start another half hour later by putting back the missort run 30 mins. Post will be even later people......!

not sure who is going to be more annoyed with the above the public or the posties, not good news for either in some cases, i'm out at work all day so i dont get to look at my post till tea time anyway, but it cant be good for posties is this making your day even longer or a later start?

not sure who is going to be more annoyed with the above the public or the posties, not good news for either in some cases, i'm out at work all day so i dont get to look at my post till tea time anyway, but it cant be good for posties is this making your day even longer or a later start?

A bit of both really. For anyone that is in doubt though, I dont know a single postie that wants to start and finish later, or that would ever like to work 9-5 (as the job seems to be heading). A lot of us do the job mainly because the early hours allow us to do other things in the afternoons, unfortunately that's going down the pan though now.

A guy I work with did half of another delivery plus his own and finished at 5.30pm on thursday this week - does anyone seriously think he wanted to be walking around at that time?

In my opinion our job will soon be a Monday to Friday, 9-5 job. If they did away with Saturday deliveries, which has also been bandied about the mail centre, They won't have any cover duties OR any managers cover duties thus saving a fortune! Watch this space!

In my opinion our job will soon be a Monday to Friday, 9-5 job. If they did away with Saturday deliveries, which has also been bandied about the mail centre, They won't have any cover duties OR any managers cover duties thus saving a fortune! Watch this space!

I've heard rumours about that for a while, and while I don't doubt Royal Mail would love to finish Saturday deliveries, they are part of the Universal Service Obligation and I can't see the regulator letting them do it anytime soon.

why would I ask a postmans permission before getting a dog? Surely I am making sure that the postman does not get a nip from my dog.

If you do not have any value to add to this then don't write anything

I know a postman who pushed letters through, a dog bit his fingers he pulled his hand back quickly. Unfortunately the metal flap cut into his damaged fingers. He lost three fingers.

The owners of the dog wanted compensation for cleaning the blood left by his fingers t on their hall carpet.

I left the Royal mail shortly after this.

Does any one know how it went on? it was about 8 years ago.

My postie is a really lovely lady. I don't get to see her very often as i work full time but she takes pride in her work, knows people's habits on her route and I've got confidence that i'm sure she's just as friendly with others. She always chats if i'm in my garden in the holidays and isn't a jobsworth, if she sees you heading off she'll cross the road to give you your post before you leave.

She does tend to drop the red bands on my garden which i am more worried about with wildlife than anythng... for ages i kept finding all these red bands and not knowing where they were coming from.

Twice this week i have had someone elses post makes me wonder if someone has had mine. If its a bill they are welcome to pay it, but I am applying for jobs and wouldn't like any interviews being delayed or not reaching me at all

Twice this week i have had someone elses post makes me wonder if someone has had mine. If its a bill they are welcome to pay it, but I am applying for jobs and wouldn't like any interviews being delayed or not reaching me at all

No one wants mail to go astray.

But it will happen.

There are millions of postal items and the amount that goes astray is probably the same as the ratio of accidents in any other sphere of life.

If a bad postie is discovered then they are sacked.

This does not always happen, unfortunately with other jobs.

Certain High ranking Government and civil service jobs spring to mind. Important information on people and their bank details have been mislaid or stolen. We never get to hear of sackings over such as this.

Ihave had post come like 2 pm and had two postal orders gone missing and my mum has had money go missing too!! What is going on????