I need advice regarding a possible unlawful contract scam.

Thanks everyone for your adivce im going to drop into a citizen advice center on monday, a long way i no but thats the earliest + closest one to me.

They have phoned me up today saying i can now pay 300pounds instead of 5k for not doing the course :s its gone from 7k to 5k to 300 pounds.

DO NOT PAY THIS - IT IS A TOTAL SCAM AND UTTER SCAM! My huband trained as a carpenter at Castle College a couple of years ago. The course took two years, two evenings a week and cost £480 a year payable in three instalments over the year £960 in total.

Go and see the CAB as I'm pretty sure they will have no legal way to make you pay ANYTHING to them.

If you want to train as a carpenter go and see Castle College as they do a very good City and Guilds accredited course. You will also get a CSCS card which you usually need to work on sites through this course.

Don't give up on the idea of carpentery as a career if you liked the sound of it because it is a good job and there are a lot of opportunities for jobs abroad and travel when you have got your tickets and a bit of experience under your belt. Good luck.

push come to shove, as it is over £5k, a lawyer may well take your claim on a no-win-fee claim as they would be able to recover their costs - so it may be worth speaking to someone like Howells Solicitors who would give you a free half hour interview with advice.

NOTE:

Howells do not give half hour free interview with advice. They assess whether or not you're entitled to legal aid. If you're not, no advice.

Also give the Advertiser a call. Tell them that you were bullied into high pressure sales and see if they'll either do a feature on it or look into the company.

I don't think the Advertiser will be interested in doing that as long as the firm are paying them for advertising space

If you sent the e-mail to the correct address and you have proof of this then I wouldn't worry. it's their problem if they changed their e-mail address and didn't notify you.

However, if they take a harder line and start to get litigious then I would contact your car insurer/home insurer if you have legal expense insurance and they should be able to instruct solicitors to act on your behalf. it may be wise to do this anyway to try and nip it in the bud.

push come to shove, as it is over £5k, a lawyer may well take your claim on a no-win-fee claim as they would be able to recover their costs - so it may be worth speaking to someone like Howells Solicitors who would give you a free half hour interview with advice.

thats one of the problems ive deleted my sent messages and deleted box :mad: Ive only got the past 2 cancellation notices that i sent off and they are saying its out of the cancellation period

thats one of the problems ive deleted my sent messages and deleted box :mad: Ive only got the past 2 cancellation notices that i sent off and they are saying its out of the cancellation period

I would bet my right arm there is no way they could get any money off you in court. Go and see the CAB and don't worry about it.

They have phoned me up again today saying that i now have to pay 350pounds and then it will all be sorted. So its gone from 7k to 5k to 200 to 350 :S

They also said i can pay 350 when ever i have the money just as soon as i have the money i can phone them up and pay it :s