The Highway pub In pitsmoor 1970s

Names I remember from the 70's in the Highway include Ian Raines Kevin wallis Sam and Ann and Doug Tansley also Gorden and Jean Richards

my ex husband and i used to go in alot as we lived in pitsmoor late 70's to early 80's. He rented one of the garages opposite the highway.His dad was treasurer of the loco club and we usually went from the rock pub to the furnival ,highway , fox and duck then walked up the steps to the loco for the last drink. Used to be a nice little close circuit of pubs back in the day.He lived on andover street flats, alan roberts if anyone remembers him.

I remember Alan and his driving exploits, spent many a happy and gringeing time around Derbyshire with him.:)

Know all of above and they have been mentioned a few times on varius Pitsmoor threads, but one that has'nt been mentioned is Graham Green.

I knew Graham as he was a good mate but haven't seen him for over 30 years.

Do you know how he is....

Regarding the Highway I used to knock about with Greg who's parents owned the Highway up to 1968 and then Phill and Ellsie took over.

I did eventually work with phill when he left the pub trade at Woodhead components on Alma St.

He was walking with a stick many years ago is he still around.

Tell him Paul, little Dougie's lad was asking he will know who I am.

known greeny since we were in prams was his best man nearly 20 year back when he got married. living at longley now but he still drinks and plays darts down gower street. the grapes is his main watering hole.

Names I remember from the 70's in the Highway include Ian Raines Kevin wallis Sam and Ann and Doug Tansley also Gorden and Jean Richards

Dougy Tansley, was my dad.!

jt

my ex husband and i used to go in alot as we lived in pitsmoor late 70's to early 80's. He rented one of the garages opposite the highway.His dad was treasurer of the loco club and we usually went from the rock pub to the furnival ,highway , fox and duck then walked up the steps to the loco for the last drink. Used to be a nice little close circuit of pubs back in the day.He lived on andover street flats, alan roberts if anyone remembers him.

Is this the same Alan who once lived on the hill opposite Firth park library ?

my hubby pete was a mate of ian raines wayne bateman, bin lid alan i think his name was and wafer his brother (graham) i know sam and ann

i'm ryan eastwood i used to live in shirecliffe but recently moved to newquay my uncle lee eastwood used to drink in their regulaly.

I remember your mum and Doug your dad wern't you into table tennis at that time.I also knew your two brothers Kev and Paul

i'm ryan eastwood i used to live in shirecliffe but recently moved to newquay my uncle lee eastwood used to drink in their regulaly.

I know all the Eastwoods, used to be in the same year as Dean..Eastwoods..All mad...lol..

Still see lee from time to time..driving a left hooker sierra..I live on Penrith rd.!

jt

I remember your mum and Doug your dad wern't you into table tennis at that time.I also knew your two brothers Kev and Paul

Yes, thats me.!..Went into the Army for a few years..then came back to the old hunting grounds.!

I would live back there tomorrow, if it was the Pitsmoor i grew up in...Sadly all now destroyed.!

jt

Is this the same Alan who once lived on the hill opposite Firth park library ?

yes it is we lived there in the eighties, even though we have been divorced for nearly 20 years we are still good mates and see each other alot, he will find this thread interesting.

yes it is we lived there in the eighties, even though we have been divorced for nearly 20 years we are still good mates and see each other alot, he will find this thread interesting.

Wasn't Alan brought up on the flats top of Andover drive, near to cairo's shop.?

jt