Sakushi restaurant - your opinions...

We went to Sakushi on Friday evening, £42 for two people. It's a decent restaurant and a something different for Sheffield.

Dont worry boutiquechoc that was the waiters first and last nights work at sakushi. Once again all feedback very welcome please email [email protected]

Great news!! I loved the place, apart from the waiter, as said! And will defo come again! :hihi:

Surely not! A sushi bar in Chezza? I'm picturing a fishcake on a conveyer belt. How are the locals taking it? I'm sure some of them are only just getting over a costa coffee moving in.

lol

A friend of mine lives down there, and I asked her if she wanted to come sushi'ing for my birthday with my group of m8s: the response I got left me in stitches: 'I am not sitting on the floor wearing one of those dressing gown type things'......... LMFAO!

lol needless to say I didn't try to convince her otherwise, I just said 'yup you have to wear talc on your face also'

I'll be popping in to grab some takeaway one lunchtime this week, so will report back on it.

Is £34 for two people considered a lot?

It depends on your perspective. It's a lot for rubbish even if £34 is not a significant amount to you. If you pay it for a meal and remember every morsel for months afterwards it's probably good value even if it represents more than half your weekly food allowance.

I've never seen a restaurant get so many positive comments on here so I'm off to look in the diary and pencil a date in.

There is a new Sakushi loyalty card available from the restaurant. It will entitle you to the OCTOBER special offers.

20% nus student discount between 2.30pm and 6pm, monday to friday

MONDAY: 5 plates of sushi for £10.95, based on purchasing one of each colour plate.

WEDNESDAY: 2-4-1 on ASAHI super dry beer after 5.30pm

enjoy!

I'll be popping in to grab some takeaway one lunchtime this week, so will report back on it.

Reporting

It's pretty good. It costs more than M&S, but you get significantly more and better quality sushi in your pack.

That said, I've spent a week in NYC recently, and sushi there is priced like McDonalds burgers, I know it's a different market, but it makes it difficult to spend £6.50 on a lunch box that would have bought a whole meal over there.

I ate there couple of days ago and it was Delicious!

We went on a monday, greeted by a lovely gentlemen who showed us to a booth. i had sushi, which happened to be on offer that day, and my girlfriend had some lovely fried noodles!

i had some amazing salmon, chicken sushi and japanese dumplings!

Will be returning soon!

Great food and very good value, would deffo recommend!

I don't think it's entirely fair if people are only allowed to post positive reviews about a restaurant.

Okay, there's a line to be drawn between a bad review and libel, but if the forum can't display bad reviews it should accept that no reviews should ever be posted.

I don't think it's entirely fair if people are only allowed to post positive reviews about a restaurant.

Okay, there's a line to be drawn between a bad review and libel, but if the forum can't display bad reviews it should accept that no reviews should ever be posted.

I noticed that review had been removed too, the accusation made in it was pretty serious though and different from just expressing a negative opinion I suppose.

It did strike a chord with me though because when I went a couple of weeks ago our food wasn't as good as the previous few times when I'd been. I noticed all the staff were different and it was the first time I'd been when the guy I'd assumed was the manager and the Japanese chef weren't there. Hope it was just a one-off because the 3 or 4 time I'd been before had been excellent.

I went monday to try it out... its fun (love the conveyor belt novelty value!) but not the best sushi in town. Alot of the sushi was way too big (so really difficult to eat without making a mess!) and some of it was loosely rolled. Not as varied as Wasabsabi either.

I'm waiting for Yo Sushi to arrive, every other big city in the UK has one, I emailed head office this week and they're hoping to find a site in Sheffield in 2009. I still think Wasabisabi has better sushi than Yo Sushi but I think Yo Sushi is cool and I would go alot if there was one in town.

Yo Sushi is just a sushi chain, I wouldn't object, but I'm hardly waiting for one to turn up when we now have 3 or 4 decent independent sushi places in town.