I was working as a waitress in a cocktail bar... which cocktail bar?

What I want to know is which famous cocktail bar was it?

Surely not the one upstairs in Dempseys? Its the only one I know of in Sheffield nowadays ... well she'd have to work damn hard there with the male bar bitches in there just filing their nails and chatting up the punters for free drinks ....

And wow I wish I had seen the Human League perform in Psalter Lane first back in 1978 ...

What I want to know is which famous cocktail bar was it?

Crazy Daisy, basement pub, just down from Fargate heading towards Argos, opposite the Natwest bank.

Not a pub/bar now I believe?

I can't remember any cocktail bars in Sheffield in those days - first I remember was Hanrahans (Glossop Road opposite the Hallamshire Hospital) but that would be mid '80's. Saw the Human League (or an early version) on the same bill as Cabaret Voltaire upstairs at a boozer on West Street (can't recall if it was the Hallamshire or the Beehive) when Phil Oakey used to work at Fulwood Annexe in the late '70's.

The actual meeting between Phil and the girls took place at the Crazy Daisy on High Street.

http://www.league-online.com/biography2.html

I could describe the Craizy Daisy as many things - but not a cocktail bar.

I don't think it was literal was it?! Just a lyric. Or maybe it was someone that he met on holiday somewhere?

I don't think it was literal was it?! Just a lyric. Or maybe it was someone that he met on holiday somewhere?

No, it was literal.

Phill Oakley started chatting to two girls in the Crazy Daisy on High Street, asked them to join his band and the rest is history :)

(Reason I know that is I saw it on a documentary about The Human League, and Phil Oakley told it in his own words)

I used to go in occasionally. Hic

Loved it when they put the song in that car advert!

Surely not the one upstairs in Dempseys?

Obviously not, no.

No, it was literal.

Phill Oakley started chatting to two girls in the Crazy Daisy on High Street, asked them to join his band and the rest is history :)

Phil Oakey (no "L") saw Joanne & Susan dancing in Crazy Daisy and asked them to join the band for a tour. I believe the former Crazy Daisy is now Bradford & Bingley, or roundabouts there (High Street)

NO ONE was a waitress in a cocktail bar !! :lol:

I have been told it was the old Hanrahans opposite Hallamshire hospital. Which is now loch fyne

I can't remember any cocktail bars in Sheffield in those days - first I remember was Hanrahans (Glossop Road opposite the Hallamshire Hospital) but that would be mid '80's. Saw the Human League (or an early version) on the same bill as Cabaret Voltaire upstairs at a boozer on West Street (can't recall if it was the Hallamshire or the Beehive) when Phil Oakey used to work at Fulwood Annexe in the late '70's.

The actual meeting between Phil and the girls took place at the Crazy Daisy on High Street.

http://www.league-online.com/biography2.html

I could describe the Craizy Daisy as many things - but not a cocktail bar.

Be fair. They did lager and lime.:D

I have been told it was the old Hanrahans opposite Hallamshire hospital. Which is now loch fyne

I'm struggling with this as I don't think Hanrahans was even open when the Crazy Daisy was on the go. The Human League in all its constituent parts were often in there. Used to trek up to the club on West Street after the 'Daisy' was that the Limit? Must have liked falling down down stairs in those days in my platform shoes (cringes and runs away). A few years later I was working as a waiter in a Cocktail Bar, it was at the Grosvenor Hotel but no one wrote a song about it.