East One Noodle Bar - Opinions please?

Hi

Can anyone give me up to date info on East One? I used to go a lot, then moved to London Road, so started going to Noodle Inn. Recently I went to wagamamas which I didn't particularly rate.

My question is - shall I go to East One for a change - is it good (it always was very fresh, and filling) Or stick with Noodle Inn?

Thanks in advance!

I was left a bit cold by east one;

a big group (12) of us went in for a friends birthday, we were obviously all ordering food etc. but one of the guys asked for a glass of tap water to drink. He was told in no uncertain terms that he wasn't allowed unless he was buying a paid for drink!

As for the food compared to just about any of the london road chinese restaurants it was pretty bland, and for me the quantity of it really didn't make up for the pretty poor quality of food and service.

Saying that the deep fried bananas were very nice! But £3.50 for a banana that had been slung in the deep fat frier was a bit steep I felt.

I really like the noodle place in East One, excellent value with good size portions of nicely cooked food, certainly better than wagamamas (atleast the one in Nottingham, never been to the one in Sheffield).

Only downside is that aside from Saki the drinks are expensive and they are very reluctant to give you tap water.

I really like the noodle place in East One, excellent value with good size portions of nicely cooked food, certainly better than wagamamas (atleast the one in Nottingham, never been to the one in Sheffield).

Only downside is that aside from Saki the drinks are expensive and they are very reluctant to give you tap water.

I remember they were reluctant to give you tap water. Especially when you were buying drinks anyway? Also, isn't that illegal?

Anyway - delighted to hear it's still as good! Payday today so maybe I'll call in tonight on way home!