When will the OWLS go into administration

Wednesday are a clean sheet, and for the right purchaser Europe is only a few short seasons away.

You're joking right?

I think "some" Owls are being slightly optimistic about what is going to happen with this takeover.

Yes there may be a takeover, yes they may pump in some money. However the ground is in dire need of modernisation. You will need to purchase TWO entire new squads at least to get to a position where you MAY even contemplate pushing for the upper echelons of the PL (that's if you get there. Then you have to fight established PL clubs who have been vying for years to get into europe by league position. By pumping money into clubs, doesn't always bring the success required, especially if there isn't already a good base.

QPR is a very good example, splashed out on 9 new signings, and spent a fair bit with a lot of high earners. It got them to a massive 6 points above relegation. Next season, whilst they may do better, I wouldn't put them among the front runners for the league, because they simply don't have the basis of a good side.

For the Owls to be looking at European competition, you are talking, season consolidate and get a good team together.

Season two, push for the play offs, possible failure.

Season three, finally get promoted after £80 million investment (£30 million for club, £30 million debt, £5 million Modernisation, £15 million least on players)

Season four, the players who you have purchased will then need to be recycled for better ones. These will cost approx another £40 million, stay in the league at about 14th.

Season five, Further strengthening is required to make a push for further glories, spend another £40 million on players, end up in the top half just.

Season six, further investment of approx £30 million required for a couple of very good players, push on from top half finish and finish approx 9th.

Season 7, another £30 million invested in players, and now you're pushing Spurs, Man City, Villa, West ham, Everton and Blackburn for that 5/6th place spot. The first 4 have major backers too. Where do you go from there? By this time also there will be other investors in other teams.

I think realistically, you are looking at 10 years to actually break into the top 6 in England. That is, if everything went well for yourselves (which it won't)

In all honesty, I don’t see the debt being paid off in one lump sum. Very few clubs operate on a debt-free basis, and while the terms of the loan is favourable, it would be sensible for any new investors to service the debt, bring it down to a more manageable level, and invest the money where it is needed the most (squad/ground/infrastructure)

This idea that any consortia will need to stump up 30 million pounds to pay off the debt upon the takeover is wide of the mark, and I'd be surprised if any investor actually does that.

This idea that any consortia will need to stump up 30 million pounds to pay off the debt upon the takeover is wide of the mark, and I'd be surprised if any investor actually does that.

It would make sense to pay it all off though, even if it isn't

In an ideal world, yes, but as an expedient, any potential investor may look at it and consider that rather than plough £30 million of dead money into a sustainable debt, they would be better advised to invest money into the 'front of house' side of the business to get a quick return on their money.

£30 million pounds (if that figure is accurate) would go a long way towards ground improvement and team strengthening, and may well gain them promotion to the Prem. From there, with the amount of money thats washing about in that league, paying off the debt would become a more of a viable proposition.

Just my 10 bob and until the club is actaully bought it's all just pie in the sky.

Isn't that a bit like saying you shouldn't buy a car until you've paid off your mortgage?

Isn't that a bit like saying you shouldn't buy a car until you've paid off your mortgage?

How many mortgage lenders give you £30m and tell you not to worry about paying any of it back in the short term future? :loopy:

How many mortgage lenders give you £30m and tell you not to worry about paying any of it back in the short term future? :loopy:

Who says they aren't paying it back? I'm sure the debt is being serviced, otherwise the club would be in administration. Everything I have read has indicated that the terms of the loan are favourable, and I think the analogy by chris@25 was a good one.

Who says they aren't paying it back? I'm sure the debt is being serviced, otherwise the club would be in administration. Everything I have read has indicated that the terms of the loan are favourable, and I think the analogy by chris@25 was a good one.

The books say the debt isn't been serviced as it raises year on year, also the fact the board have appointed a accountancy company to scour the world for a buyer tells me you need investment desperately to survive.

The books say the debt isn't been serviced as it raises year on year, also the fact the board have appointed a accountancy company to scour the world for a buyer tells me you need investment desperately to survive.

Got any figures to back up that assertion? There must be some payment being made against the debt, it simply wouldnt have been allowed to carry on like this for as long as this, favourable rates or no.

I dont doubt that investment is required to lift the club from its current predicament, but I see the appointment of Deloitte and Touche as a positive move. It shows that the board have recognised that they need to be a bit more active in seeking investment, rather than just hope that someone comes along. It might even focus the minds of the potential investors who've been big on words but small on actions, so far.

Got any figures to back up that assertion? There must be some payment being made against the debt, it simply wouldnt have been allowed to carry on like this for as long as this, favourable rates or no.

I dont doubt that investment is required to lift the club from its current predicament, but I see the appointment of Deloitte and Touche as a positive move. It shows that the board have recognised that they need to be a bit more active in seeking investment, rather than just hope that someone comes along. It might even focus the minds of the potential investors who've been big on words but small on actions, so far.

Please sir, can I have some more. :hihi: :hihi:

Make a crackling film though:

Link

yep hes not the messiah ;) sorry he's:P

I think realistically, you are looking at 10 years to actually break into the top 6 in England. That is, if everything went well for yourselves (which it won't)

Stop being kind. Its much closer to 100 years.:nono: