Taxi drivers ask Council for an 'emergency' price increase

what the suggestion is, that how can you justify the £4.50 before cab sets off then they charge you £14 to beighton, for 1 person like someone said they was hiring the vehicle to buying it,all the £4.50 is towards their hackey licence, and weekly radio rental, but i bet my bottom dollar the £4.50 goes up to about £5.50, the radios dont run on deisel so that price shouldn't go up, it would be fairer if they work at the same price as private hire, and yes at the back of the railway station they sit with their engines running, turn them off that would save diesel.

just want to bring this up do you know in Spain they charge person over two people would you like that in sheffield. ie £14 to beighton for one £56 for four

If they get a price increase because of this, I wonder if they will reduce prices when they come down-I dont think so

If they get a price increase because of this, I wonder if they will reduce prices when they come down-I dont think so
That would have to be argued if it happened which is highly unlikely.

. private companys no. they are always driving as selfish lane hoggers . they drive round in their hpi cars thinking their somebody. giving disregard to parking outside peoples houses and try to ram you off the road.hope they go bust.

just want to bring this up do you know in Spain they charge person over two people would you like that in sheffield. ie £14 to beighton for one £56 for four

where in spain is that ricky ? I lived there for years and have never come accross that . all taxis in spain are not privately owned and work in zones . the drivers are salaried with bonuses , they are all employees . it is virtually impossible to legally start a private hire company in spain , all the money spinning bussineses are goverment owned , example gas bottles , tobaconists, bus companies , back to the taxis , if you ask them they must tell you the cost of your journey before it starts , eg malaga to benalmadena 20e, on sundays 25e chose how many passengers , also the journey back to the airport is always between 5 and 10e more because the have to pay a levy for dropping at the airport.

ricky I think what you may be talking about are airport transfer shuttles which are totaly different to the taxis .

. private companys no. they are always driving as selfish lane hoggers . they drive round in their hpi cars thinking their somebody. giving disregard to parking outside peoples houses and try to ram you off the road.hope they go bust.

what as this got to do with the thread a completely useless comment

where in spain is that ricky ? I lived there for years and have never come accross that . all taxis in spain are not privately owned and work in zones . the drivers are salaried with bonuses , they are all employees . it is virtually impossible to legally start a private hire company in spain , all the money spinning bussineses are goverment owned , example gas bottles , tobaconists, bus companies , back to the taxis , if you ask them they must tell you the cost of your journey before it starts , eg malaga to benalmadena 20e, on sundays 25e chose how many passengers , also the journey back to the airport is always between 5 and 10e more because the have to pay a levy for dropping at the airport.

I know you have been to the place, Girona Airport is the only place I can confirm this is is a fact. and I may be confused this only happens with the minibuses and thinking about I now relalise why it does happen, sorry for the misinformation

Do you think the council will give ordinary motorists a refund after all they have the same fuel costs...

I know you have been to the place, Girona Airport is the only place I can confirm this is is a fact. and I may be confused this only happens with the minibuses and thinking about I now relalise why it does happen, sorry for the misinformation

yes thats right ricky the airport shuttles [minibuses] thats why i said in another thread its cheaper to hire a car from http://www.doyouspain.com than to pay for transfers.

Taxi drivers are asking the Council to put up taxi fares, apparently due to increased fuel costs.

Is it fair?

Is it an excuse to bring in price rises that they have had turned down in the recent past?

Do you think they need an increase?

Will you be walking more?

From the Sheffield Star

SO shall we all ask our employers to put up our wages,,

we only have so much cash, the cost of living has nealry increaded by 20%, Gordon Brown hitting us with more tax

yes thats right ricky the airport shuttles [minibuses] thats why i said in another thread its cheaper to hire a car from http://www.doyouspain.com than to pay for transfers.

The cars in Barcelona city were extremely cheap when I visited a couple of years ago I couldn't believe it.

Do you think the council will give ordinary motorists a refund after all they have the same fuel costs...

I think they should get rid of some of the black cabs because the drivers are so dangerous. You can be driving along and one will just pull out and do a u turn in the road in front of you. Why are they also allowed to use bus lanes, they are not buses.