Proposed development in Hillsborough Park?

The only development Umeeksk could be opposed to would be the development of the coach house into a cafe etc. As the park is green space and unable to be annexed as it is practically an island I doubt it would be 'built on'

Graves Park is green space. It also has charitable deeds to say it must never be developed. The park also hold historic herritage park status...and guess what..

THE COUNCIL ARE TRYING TO BUILD ON IT

Graves Park is green space. It also has charitable deeds to say it must never be developed. The park also hold historic herritage park status...and guess what..

THE COUNCIL ARE TRYING TO BUILD ON IT

Well put and theres the point. But i really do hope nothing gets built on hillsborough park and im sure like foxy says there would be a massive uproar against anything being built on it!!

But there again in s6 area we know what our labour council are like:mad:

Masons, I very much doubt that anyone could get PP to build in the park, aside from it being a green space and separating it from the Graves debate it is a much smaller park and every inch is used.

People power would out, and it would never happen.

(p.s. that has flowers in it, and its in Hillsborough ;) )

Those of us who live round Graves Park might have thought similarly (if PP is Planning Permission?). Have a read around the St Lukes/Norton Nurseries thread, you'll see that the Nurseries are productive, have just had a shedload of our money spent on them and the site that St Lukes want to appropriate includes an ecology area and a planned arboretum, as well as the Greenhouse.

We've got flowers too(daffs and crocuses a fortnight ago)!

The letter from Viv Nicholson is undated, but makes the policy clear.

People power may well win the day, but please don't be complacent.

All the best from Woodseats :)

Wasn't there a park in Hillsborough or thereabouts where they built a municiple golf course and then sold it to the private sector. Might be a few years back.

Do you mean this one?

http://www.hillsboroughgolfclub.co.uk/

Far back as I can remember it hasn't been owned by the council or ever been a park. I remember when I worked on the bins in Stocksbridge in the 1970's there was a tip next door we used - that might have been taken over by the golf club since (good luck to them).

It puts my mind at rest in the sense that it appears that our local park is safe whoever wins the council, but not in the sense that it makes you appear rather less than honest in your leaflet.

I'm sorry to disillusion you but it ain't so.

New Labour is committed to a policy of selling off no more than 10% of parks and using the sales to raise funds for its Regeneration strategy. It needs a vote in council to change that strategy.

No park is safe, especially those which are attractive to a developer.

The last time Hillsborough Park was threatened a leadering councillor who has promoted this policy of selling off parts of parks wanted to build a huge facility for the World Student Games on Hillsborough Park.

:suspect:

New Labour is committed to a policy of selling off no more than 10% of parks and using the sales to raise funds for its Regeneration strategy. It needs a vote in council to change that strategy.

The last time Hillsborough Park was threatened a leadering councillor who has promoted this policy of selling off parts of parks wanted to build a huge facility for the World Student Games on Hillsborough Park.

Just contact the various "Friends" groups. Virtually every one will tell a tale about an attempt to build on their park, their woodland, or their little bit of open space.

I say contact the friends groups because for the areas that don't dave a friends group to fight for the green space, it is probably already built on.

So is there some kind of plan to build on hillsborough park does anyone know? i would be against this if there was:(

So is there some kind of plan to build on hillsborough park does anyone know? i would be against this if there was:(

No, its just a way of misleading people to win votes.

No, its just a way of misleading people to win votes.

Oh so the person who started this thread is misleading people to win votes,

That would be Peter Price, ably assisted by Viv Nicholson.

That would be Peter Price, ably assisted by Viv Nicholson.

That's your culprits

That's your culprits

No, they're not my culprits, that's who tried to build on this park as noted in the post I responded too.

They just happen to be the same culprits who want to build on Graves Park right now, what a coincidence:suspect: