Anyone been to Barbados?

Hi,

Me and my boyfriend are thinking of booking a holiday to Barbados (we have seen a fantastic bargain). I was just wondering if anyone has been or knows someone who has been and could give me some advice on what it's like, how expensive things are etc. I've only heard good reports but I would appreciate honest responses!

Thanks for your help

Nicole

Thanks muchly.

Seems like a good place to me. I can't see anything bad on the notes the guy has made.

Just got to make the decision whether to part with my hard earned cash!

Get yourselves off. :)

Prices are pretty much like they are here. Cheap places, expensive places.

Where you go will make a big difference to the experience. Holetown on the west coast is very smart and where all the expensive hotels are, St Lawrence Gap on the South Coast is like a Bajan Blackpool. and most of the east coast is wild and wooley with the Atlantic winds.

Which bit are you thinking of?

Looks like the place we want to go to is in St. James. It looks really nice and we have read really good reviews.

Shame I have to wait till September, I want to go now!!

I'm off to Barbados in December for some winter sun.

don't forget to put your reviews on here after you come back.

Originally posted by NicoleM

Looks like the place we want to go to is in St. James. It looks really nice and we have read really good reviews.

Shame I have to wait till September, I want to go now!!

St James is the smart parish where Holetown is on the west(Carribean) coast! :thumbsup:

It's all pretty good in St James. :)

OOO super! Fantastic.

Thanks for your info.

Hi there,

I love Barbados and have been on numerous occasions. I did in fact get married there. The bajans in general are very friendly and helpful although the hawkers on the beach can be a bit of a pain in the backside - A good firm 'No thanks' is usually enough. There are plenty of things to keep you occupied should you not want to spend two weeks lying in the sun. I can highly recommend the sunset cruises which also includes snorkling over a couple of ship wrecks. Harrisons cave is okay (doesn't beat the Peak's caves though) adn the wildlife and fauna are superb. Combine this with some spectacular nights out you are in for a real treat. If you want any more info drop me a line

Hi,

Me and my boyfriend are thinking of booking a holiday to Barbados (we have seen a fantastic bargain). I was just wondering if anyone has been or knows someone who has been and could give me some advice on what it's like, how expensive things are etc. I've only heard good reports but I would appreciate honest responses!

Thanks for your help

Nicole

There is one thing you must absolutely make sure you get - all inclusive. Food is incredibly expensive on Barbados (ie. breakfast will set you back £25).

I disagree a little with jonjparr's comments. I do go all inclusive but we tend to spend some time out and about. Food can be expensive but it is a case of shopping around. Breakfast can be about £5, lunch a tenner and evening meals £20. See link

http://www.travel2thecaribbean.com/BarbadosRestaurants.html

There is a perception that Barbados is a dear island, it is not the case if you dine wisely

Hi,

Thanks for your help

Nicole

go to jamaica go to jamaica!!!!! we did sandals all inclusive and it was ace. full of americans mind! but they have good bits and bad bits like us hehe!