The mystery of my missing dress!

Never know I could revive this thread two years down the line when I find it. I was counting on finding it so I could wear it later. Its a total mystery!

If i can't find anything it usually turns up in one of the kids drawers and they only wear the stuff in the top of the drawers so it could be there for ages (unless my daughter finds it in her room and decides to wear it GRR!! ) I usually find things after i've got really annoyed with myself and convinced myself i'm going mad and so go hunting like a mad animal .

the dress doesn't exist, does it? That time you thought you were wearing it you were actually stark blinking nekkid, weren't you?

maybe the moths have eaten it! have you got some really fat moths flying round at the moment?:hihi:

The answer is yes, and omg doesn't it make you feel stupid, twice i've done this however, alcohol was to blame for the first time :blush:

A friend of mine bought me an item of clothing for me, she gave it to me on the evening of going out on the town, when i got home thought i'd try it on, (not realising how p*ssed i was) woke up in the morning and couldn't find the damn thing anywhere i felt such an idiot, finally found it at the bottom of my wardrobe despite looking there several times doh! :loopy:

The other was something which i'd bought for going away, i couldn't find it anywhere, i'm talking December last year, finally turned up a couple of wks ago... weird! found it under my bed still in the bag of which it was bought.

Its crazy living in "my" world :):hihi:

Maybe it's slipped through a rip in the space-time continuum. Jabberwocky could be wearing it 10 years from now in an alternate dimension.:P

I'll help you find it, if I can rummage through your drawers :bigsmile:

Happens to me quite often, not just with clothes :hihi:

Hope it turns up soon though :)

I don't believe in god or in anything else superstitious. But I too have noticed things that go missing only to turn up later in the most obvious place to look. I have considered every possibility and the only rational conclusion I can come up with is the existence of a household demon that takes delight in moving things around and hiding things from me. Usually some time and taking the ritual eucharist of a cup of tea and a biscuit helps me find what I am after.

Well this is certainly a very strange occurance and one that has happened to me, I have 3 articles of clothing missing since last year in the summer and I have searched high and low for them to no avail.

They are not things I hang out so have not been pinched......I like them and I want them back :mad:

I have lost an item of clothing that is very special to me, and a few other things. I know I would have put them where I thought they were safe, but they have disappeared.

An old lady once told me a prayer to St Anthony can help. But she also said that he is a bit slow.