Its still not too late to sign the "Save Tinsley Cooling Towers" petition!!!

I think this is a poor petition. I want them to stay and be converted into something stunning, not just kept and the petition should say more about that.

I also note that they will be replaced by an eco-power station. I love the idea that any old rubbish can have "eco" put on the front and becomes a good idea. In this case it will be a nasty eyesore which will burn young trees and associated rubbish.

They are stunning, stunningly the worst things in the North East of Sheffield.

Are your glasses rose tinted by any chance?

I say KEEP EM!!!!!

The viaduct will NEVER be the same.

I travel more or less, every day, up and down the M1. They are a symbol of Sheffield, and what it stood for, industry.

It'll be interesting as to what, if anything, they can put in their place.

What's that old saying? "You dont know what you've got 'til it's gone"?

I am vehemently opposed to the remaining cooling towers. They are ugly, useless and completely out of context without the other 6 which made them into a bank of towers. which were relevent to our landscape in the 1950s

Keeping the ugly broken things in situe is holding up progress and indirectly causing unemployment and blight in our region.

These towers are a small part of a domestic power station. They are nothing to do with the Sheffield industrial heritage, and the lie which their demolition will affect the M1 is so false and tenuous it makes us sound like simpletons.

Let's move on and find worthwhile opinions.

I was listening to someone from down south the other day saying the it was a shame that we northern folk don't put on our flat caps and take our whippets for walks anymore, live in back to back houses and have coal fires.