Childhood illnesses, jabs and operations

I meant to say that the Sertraline is prescribed by his doc at Shirle Hill who if I remember rightly is a psychiatrist.

Things are complicated also by the fact that he has Aspergers and other stuff too (Tourettes and ADHD)

He was on 25mg for 2 weeks and is on his 6th week at 50mg. I can't see any changes or improvements at all. He's had CBT but with almost no effect so that has now stopped but should be re-starting again soon with someone else. He's seen a psychotherapist (not sure what's happening there any more) and lots of other people but I am at a total loss as how to help him.

If he was an adult he would be sectioned. If he was an older child in his teens he would probably end up in a unit such as Oakwood at the Northern General. As he is only 9, tough! There is nothing for young kids with bad mental health problems. The whole system sucks. Kids with mental health issues turn into adults with even worse problems.

What a pity the CBT didnt work. From what I know about it I thought it was quite effective, but it will of course vary between therapists and between patients. I really do hope you get things sorted ... youre like me, youve permanently got your hands full :| I didnt realise he was so bad he would have been sectioned or admitted. Is he able to attend school?

He goes to mainstream school and has a statement for the grand total of 9 hours a week! His behaviour is declining rapidly at school and is running a real risk of exclusion. He told me tonight that 'they' (His manifesation of OCD) follow him to school and force him to do stuff like kick the table or shout out stuff to other kids. If he doesn't do what 'they' say they will get him at night when he is in bed. He is terrified and barely sleeps. He won't sleep unless someone is upstairs anyway. Any slight noise and he is wide awake and hysterical.

I send him to school to try and keep things as normal as possible. He needs routine because of his apsergers.

Things are now moving thank goodness. His doc came to see me today and is seeing my lad on thursday. It seems they are as worried as I am now and are not going to leave it until they get to the bottom if it and give him the appropriate treatment.

It just seems so wrong that he has to get so ill before things are done.

If you can get access to a psychologist through CAMHS I would suggest this. Make sure they are aware he is doing things 'they' tell him. Am glad the services now appear to be taking this seriously. In the meantime do whatever you can to make him feel safe and know that you are there for him unconditionally. This must be so hard for you. Good luck

Its unfortunate that when you come up against these things you just have to keep pushing and pushing professionals to do something. As if you havent enough on your plate without chasing them up all the time. I hope something happens to help him soon.

Well his doc has doubled his meds so we'll see if that works. Fingers crossed.

As for psychologists, he's seen several, plus psychiatrists and a psychotherapist. No-one seems to be able to get a handle on him as he is so complex poor lad.

Well his doc has doubled his meds so we'll see if that works. Fingers crossed.

As for psychologists, he's seen several, plus psychiatrists and a psychotherapist. No-one seems to be able to get a handle on him as he is so complex poor lad.

Fingers crossed.

Keep us posted, and I hope all goes well.