Does anyone know where to buy fresh fish?

Thanks CGKSHEFF ithat's the place. I couldn't check my facts out here in NZ.

The comment soeone made about extra deliveries from the coast is a bit off.

Where do all the fish come from even in the Fish markets they come from-Ireland, Iceland, Russia, Scotland and every coastal fishing place in between through the ports of Hull, Grimsby and other ports and then delivered inland.

Regal Fisheries supply lots of outlets, they do not make extra trips especially for certain domestic customers.

If you want environmental fish then you have to catch it yourself but you will have to travel there and back to the coast and then out to sea and back.

Happy Days

As far as City Centre goes, Castle Markets is _definitely_ the place to go for fresh fish - but I too can also recommend Baldocks up in Woodseats - worth the bus fare up there if you have no transport of your own.

We get fresh fish delivered from Superfish which is based in Hull.

http://www.superfish123.co.uk/

They only deliver in our area once every couple of months, but because its really good value (about half the price of supermarkets) we buy in bulk and I freeze it staight away.

:thumbsup:

There used to be a good fishmongers at Crookes, but I think it's closed now.

Last year a group of blokes came down our street selling fish from an un-marked van. It looked at a bit dodgy!

Got to recomend waitrose and their fish counter. They never buy anything under a grade 8 for quality. Excellent fish and very fresh and central.

Waitrose is good can get some really good reductions, and the fish is very fresh. Not to mention the service is superb.

Regal fish also very good - they're delivering next monday, so you'd have to call them by tomorrow.

Also you can ask Philip James butchers in x-pool to buy fish for you.

If you live in Broomhill/Crookes and don't have a car why not get on the 52 bus (every 5mins, it seems), and get off at the meat and fish market (Castle). It must be so convenient for people from your area.

Seconded: Peter Mann - Hillsborough.

I thought the fishmongers on Crookes road was still open. A couple of my mates have bought fish from there and were very happy with the quality.