Derek Dooley has died!

R.I.P Derek Dooley a True Sheffield Legend My thoughts & Condolences are with his Family & Friends at this sad Time.

THERES ONLY 1 DEREK DOOLEY !!!!!!!

Just my point of view but maybe BOTH sheffield clubs could name the "KOPS" after derek dooley seeing as he did alot for both?

Derek Dooley drew both sides of sheffield together in one way through "Football".

This way football will be the way DD should be remembered.

RIP DD :roll:

Disagree WhiteHawk. Many cities honour their famous citizens by way of naming thoroughfares and other civil landmarks this way. The Parkway is a most bland title anyway, and the beauty of renaming it after the late great Derek Dooley is that it takes you - and visitors - into the heart of the city, a route that will be familiar with football fans visiting both grounds.

Both clubs would appreciate this and it would be a nice 'neutral' gesture. There's a bar at Hillsborough called Dooley's and Kevin McCabe has said that one of the Blades' training grounds will be renamed in his honour. Now the city as a whole can dedicate something to Derek Dooley and the busy Parkway is THE road in my opinion.

A sad loss to our city of man from a totally unrecognisable footballing generation, when players played for the fun of it and not the gross paypacket. Glad that Wednesday honoured him on the pitch during one of the derby games some years ago and that there were no lingering hard feelings.

A giant, a lovely bloke and held in high esteem from both sides of the city. A minute's silence at the derby at the lane with fans allowed to mix would be the most apt way of paying our respects.

RIP.

Thas why I first suggested it - read my post at #32 for why. I thought it was appropriate, sorry if some don't agree but its got potential in my opinion.

If anyone backs this pm me and we'll see what can be done.

Did this city ever forge anything better

Thas why I first suggested it - read my post at #32 for why. I thought it was appropriate, sorry if some don't agree but its got potential in my opinion.

If anyone backs this pm me and we'll see what can be done.

Derek Dooley's statue at the end of Parkway, brilliant idea, show the world what a proper mester he was

Totally agree - top post

a Blade and an Owl agree

thats how much the giant of a man forged the city together

Dooley way i'm up for that

with a giant statue in't middle

and a blue n white scarf in one hand

and a red n white in t'other

Compromise is the first sign of weakness, but how about Hanover Way and Brook Hill being named Dooley Way with a statue of the great man standing where the round about is. It's the quickest way between both grounds and a commanding position overlooking a big chunk of the city.

Pull down the Tinsley Cooling Towers and erect a massive DD statue there.

Pull down the Tinsley Cooling Towers and erect a massive DD statue there.

Or we could just leave them there, paint one red & white, the other blue & white and rename them the Derek Dooley cooling towers :rolleyes:

Thats not a dig at your suggestion btw.....

Or we could just leave them there, paint one red & white, the other blue & white and rename them the Derek Dooley cooling towers :rolleyes:

Thats not a dig at your suggestion btw.....

Fitting..

He was built like one.

And to think Gordon Banks still wanted to be a goalkeeper, after staring up at them during his childhood.