Uninsured Sheffield drivers

ah yes, the Yorkshire Post published the areas by district that had the most problems with drivers without insurance throughout Yorkshire.

Uninsured cars roll of shame

Barkerend, Bradford Moor and Thornbury, Bradford – 57 per cent of vehicles.

Central Halifax – 23 per cent.

Central Huddersfield – 23 per cent.

Pitsmoor and Burngreave, Sheffield – 28 per cent.

North Yorkshire – no area above five per cent.

Anlaby Road area, Hull – 21 per cent.

They don't go against the grain of the national figure, as said.

Driving without insurance is now't to do with race no matter how much you try to make it out to be.

Hell (sorry, Huddersfield), Hull and Halifax (centres of) are largely white areas.

The Yorkshire Post functions as a parachiol cross between the Times and the Daily Mail for the top end of Leeds in to the precious "golden triangle" up Harrogate way - and obviously as a local Torygraph for some folk.

Uninsured drivers in Sheffield are for the most part Chavs on the estates.

Driving without insurance is now't to do with race no matter how much you try to make it out to be.

Just a coincidence. :suspect: I used to live in that area of Bradford and I know exactly why I don't any more.

In that article on BBC news they tell us about people avoiding ANPR cameras by using foreign plates. I think it's great that for the cost of the license fee the BBC tell us new ways of breaking the law.

I can vouch for that. I had a car on foreign plates for a year and was completely ignored.

I can vouch for that. I had a car on foreign plates for a year and was completely ignored.

V signs to speed cameras ? :hihi:

What did you do that would cause you not to be ignored?

Not being funny but can't believe that one in three Sheff drivers are uninsured! Are you sure those figures are right Greybeard?

Not being funny but can't believe that one in three Sheff drivers are uninsured! Are you sure those figures are right Greybeard?

No they are not,its a con to get us to accept chips on number plates!

The Department now admits that ‘misread registration marks tend to inflate estimates of evasion and that ‘detailed checking (of the 2007 survey) has removed this inflationary effect from the 2007 estimates.’ The latest figures now show evasion rates for motorcycles at 6.5%, a massive reduction on the much-publicised 38% contained in the House of Commons Public Accounts Committee report published in January.

But not before blackening Bikers name.Ill bet the retreat wont be half as publisised as the slating was!

Also the 38% figure was part of the governments justification/plans to have chips fitted to all M/C numberplates in order that motorcyles could be identified by roadside readers. This was 'tested' (with very dubious methods and results) by several police forces over the past year.

Stitch up comes to mind!!!

And i have to say from reading comments on this forum its easy to see why this goverment takes us all for mugs.