Council Neighbourhood Wardens

I kept noticing these redcoats walking around Arbourthorne / S2 area for the last 6 months, a couple of days ago whilst washing the car they walked passed so I asked them what they did, They said they worked for Sheffield Homes ( Housing Department ) and there role was to report streetlights out , blocked gullys , graffiti , check empty property & report flytips.

They also said they work a lot with the community including working with resident associations, youth involment , old people's homes etc etc.

To be honest I think this is a great idea having these wardens, they are sort of the eyes and ears of the area and for a place like Arbourthorne it can only benefit the area :D

They also walk around the Richmond Park Estate, S13. There was a youth racing up and down over the grass on a trek bike, and the two wardens casually glanced at him, continued to walk on and carried on their conversation.

I don't expect them to chase people around the estate, but maybe if they'd stopped and took more notice they may have got a decent look at him and been able to follow it up somehow.

yeah bit like that but they have no powers they all so like hideing in the city road grave yard with the south yorkshire community police who too have no powers to do any thing just pick on car owners fo haveing a back light out. plz dont post a reply saying i am wrong as im not i see them every day and night when walking the dog there getting paid for doing nowt brill in it i sleep better at night i hear you all saying well no they finish at 5.30 every night in this area for there safety.

yeah bit like that but they have no powers they all so like hideing in the city road grave yard with the south yorkshire community police who too have no powers to do any thing just pick on car owners fo haveing a back light out. plz dont post a reply saying i am wrong as im not i see them every day and night when walking the dog there getting paid for doing nowt brill in it i sleep better at night i hear you all saying well no they finish at 5.30 every night in this area for there safety.

If they are so obviously not doing what they are supposed to do, why not let Sheffield Homes know? The money to pay the wardens will be coming at least partly out of tenants' rents, so you have a right to expect them to do what they are supposed to do.

If you have a local Tenants' and Residents' Association (TARA) they will know exactly who to speak to.