Friend's car shot at in Stannington

Friend of mine was off to work this morn around 6.30am to his local gym. Suddenly from nowwhere the driver's window shattered. he jumped out of his car but couldn't see anyone. He lives around the deerpark flats. Found the airrifle pellet that did in his car.

Phoned the police when he got to work and they gave him a crime ref number. Cost him £75 for a new window. Could have been worse. The idiots that did this need a good old fashioned windmilling :loopy:

Friend of mine was off to work this morn around 6.30am to his local gym. Suddenly from nowwhere the driver's window shattered. he jumped out of his car but couldn't see anyone. He lives around the deerpark flats. Found the airrifle pellet that did in his car.

Phoned the police when he got to work and they gave him a crime ref number. Cost him £75 for a new window. Could have been worse. The idiots that did this need a good old fashioned windmilling :loopy:

Whats a windmilling?

I think it's where you flail your arms around windmill - style, repeatedly punching the offending chav in the face.

As windmills have four arms and we only have two, it helps to be ambidextrous.

As windmills have four arms and we only have two, it helps to be ambidextrous.

or flail twice as fast.

I think it's where you flail your arms around windmill - style, repeatedly punching the offending chav in the face.

Are you supposed to grind corn with your buttocks while you're doing it?

Scary as the experience was for your friend Popeye, this is nothing new. I woke up to find the windows of my car shot out a little under 10 years ago- cars obviously make good target practice (and no, they never caught the divot with the shotgun either!).

Wouldn't think a car is much of a challenge for practice either... so not only mindless vandalism but they're not actually very good with their chosen tool! :hihi:

Scary as the experience was for your friend Popeye, this is nothing new

He wasn't scared just bloody annoyed that some mindless fools would do this. Obviously shows how much this happens if the police give him a crime ref number. its a hard crime to solve but at least an officer in person to take a statement wouldn't be too hard would it?

:huh:

about a year ago we had the back window of our car shot out, with our 6 year old daughter in the back seat, she was terrified and wouldnt get in a car for weeks

sure you all live in sheffield and not chicago ?

as for the incident didnt the police think shooting car windscreens important enough to attend ?.

this happened to my sister's in law, just getting into there car when some idiot came driving past & fired a shot which went through the back window, believe me they were well shook up but, then they would be. they are well past 65 years old and needless to say didn't do anything to deserve this! (Di** Heads)