Wednesday Chat - Discuss games/news here

I'll answer darksecret. I think Sturrock wants to trial him at the lower leagues and possibly be toughened up ready for the Championship. Rather than throw Reet into the Championship which is a much better level than the 2nd Division, he wants to watch his progress with teams at that level and toughen him up. He will be better for it and it would not suprise me if Reet went on loan to a Division One club next.

Back to the Owls, lets' hope we can get that bit of luck we need and the game on Saturady is one that we need and should win.

Originally posted by fnkysknky

Following the rules of the game you cannot be offside if you aren't on the pitch - you're not part of the game if you're not on the pitch. If he came back on while the ball was still in play then he might get pulled for interfering with play depending on the circumstances.

Sorry fnkysknky, i dont see it like that. It is similar to a winger who sprinting forward strays slightly off the pitch (unintentially) as he goes round the full back as the ball is played. Although he is off the pitch he is offside as there was no intention to leave the pitch (if that makes sense).

I have since read Hacketts views on this (as i have still not seen the goal) who stated that Shipps was away from the ball and therefore it was a goal

Originally posted by King_monkey

How can someone from Canada be a Blade???? Like the rest of the plastic fans, jumping on the band wagon now they have a chance of going up.

You've obviously never heard of the American Owls, Cape Town Owls, Dutch Owls etc etc. We have fans in every country near enough mate.

Originally posted by darksecret

:clap: im happy to be a owl but i cant understand why sturock dont play reet instead of loaning other players in in reserve 5 goals in 4 outings some owl fan answer my question

Reet is not the answer to our prayers. Trust me, he is a developmental player who will do nothing for us and all the 'fans' will get on his back and it will ruin him.

Seems to me that you Owls are really missing that young Maclean who got injured earlier in the season. How's he doing, by the way ? Hope he's fit and ready to go soon. He must be gutted not being able to help out.

Originally posted by kelly_owls

Reet is not the answer to our prayers. Trust me, he is a developmental player who will do nothing for us and all the 'fans' will get on his back and it will ruin him.

I have to say,im a little 'uneasy' at the choice of Sturrocks targets.He seems intent on signing youngsters,when what that team is crying out for is a bit of experiance,in my opinion.

Originally posted by King_monkey

How can someone from Canada be a Blade???? Like the rest of the plastic fans, jumping on the band wagon now they have a chance of going up.

Nice 1st post :hihi: :hihi:

You just dont have a clue do you :loopy:

I was following the Blades all over England when you were in nappies :mad:

TY Kelly_owls Glad someone knows whats going on, In fact you even have an Owl in Canada , who i have met and who was at my wedding so you can add him to your list.

And as for jumping on the bandwagon, I was at BDTBL for the 3-1 Blades win, where you there Monkey ? Guess you have never heard of planes that can fly over the big pond :D

Regards IN CANADA AND A BLADE

Originally posted by syko1979

The Sun reckons Paul Shaw is off to Wendy in Jan.

I'd be suprised as i never really like to cross city moves, although Bromby/Quinn were guilty of it. I knwo we have JPM but see that differently. Dont think Shaw is the answer i'm afraid, and seeing the Stars headlines yesterday in that Warnock is 'Desperate' for a striker, if he is desperate, eff knows what KPS is.

Originally posted by chuffinel

Seems to me that you Owls are really missing that young Maclean who got injured earlier in the season. How's he doing, by the way ? Hope he's fit and ready to go soon. He must be gutted not being able to help out.

He's comign along really well, expecting to see him back in action in the middle of January though I bet he wants to play towards the beginning!!!

Sturrock has played down spec that we are interested in Shaw. I wouldn't want him to be honest, i'd sooner sign two out of Iwan Redan, Kenwyne Jones, Leon Best and Freddy Eastwood who Sturrock is very interested in...

Rumours have it that David Friio is signing in January for £100k plus Paul Heckingbottom. I hope this isn't true as he hasn't been half the player he was when he was in the Plymouth promotion side...

to be honest kelly, the players you mention would command relatively high fees in respect to what you are used to paying lately.... where as you could prob get shaw for nothing to 50k

Shaw's a decent player - I'd prefer him not to go to Wendy to be honest, especially before we play them again.