Mo Laycock Applauds Blasphemy and Swearing at Firth Park College Student Night

But the OP didn't state that the students were effing and jeffing - 'Jesus Christ' appeared to be the offending phrase. I would say that this is quite tame compared with the language used in the average playground - and this in an Infant playground too !

On a similar subject, when I read a few weeks ago about about the Pinter poem being offensive to Christians and was not going to be put up... I couldn't help but wonder what the outcry would have been like if the council had so readily given in to another faith.

I think you're mistaken there Snook. The objection wasn't on the grounds of religion, but the fact that 4 churches where funerals are held are opposite where the poem was to be placed, and it was felt the references to the laughing dead etc might upset mourners.

I think you're mistaken there Snook. The objection wasn't on the grounds of religion, but the fact that 4 churches where funerals are held are opposite where the poem was to be placed, and it was felt the references to the laughing dead etc might upset mourners.

Alternatively, the recently bereaved may be conforted that their loved one may be laughing on 'the other side'.

Wait 'til the Easter play where a man gets nailed to a cross. Mo will applaud 'til her hands nearly fall off and demand the same fate for all the other males on stage and in the audience.

Wait 'til the Easter play where a man gets nailed to a cross. Mo will applaud 'til her hands nearly fall off and demand the same fate for all the other males on stage and in the audience.

Ho Ho very dry. But joking aside, as I said earlier...

And although most kids swear in the school yard I don't see it as the right time nor place to be using the offensive language in front of a family audiance with young children and grandparents. And the Head of the school applauded it!

I'm not easily shocked, but even I find it shocking and somewhat disturbing if a school is encouraging children to use bad language. I wonder if Firth Park has a policy of encouraging the children to swear at the teachers during lessons as well?

complete crap argument swearing is everywhere its common knowledge so get used to it
Mostly used at great volume by "dimwits" !

complete crap argument swearing is everywhere its common knowledge so get used to it
Especially at firth park School :gag: Its full of foul-mouthed little ****es :hihi:

i was also at the showcase and found it quite shocking,you do hear bad language ever day but not at a christmas show that was ment for the family ,olso there was no reason for most of the (jesus christ) .Bits to me they were just said for the sake of it..

I was also there and I think the extracts were simply inappropriate for a xmas show. The extracts were by established authors, the last one from 'East is East' if I remember correctly. How many parents have stopped their kids from watching that because it contains a few swear words? It was inappropriate, that's all.