Gamestation on the Moor

there is nothing wrong bundling second hand consoles in this way, however they are not allowed to bundle NEW consoles in this way, well, they can, but if requested they cannot refuse sale of the console on its own, but with second hand ones they can..

I thought a retailer was free to refuse to sell anything to anyone he/she wants?

Nintendo should make more - i find it hard to believe they can't keep up with demand after all these months of production.

Keeping up with demand isn't a problem, wanting to is another matter.

Nintendo have their heads screwed on when it comes to keeping their customers wanting more, what other goods can you think of that are still over-inflated prices over a year or more after release?

Pfft, think that's bad, what about the second-hand Wii they had bundled with 8 games for £550?!

That's charging as much, if not more than a brand new Wii (£179) and full RRP for the games. I wonder if it's still there?

The sad thing is they've really got customers over the barrel on this one; console bundles are usually pretty good value if you challenge them as to the contents - they won't want to lose £250+ to another store for the sake of swapping a few games in the bundle, except this year with the Nintendo consoles customers aren't in the position to say "well I'll go get it elsewhere".

I agree with the first post, it is GREED.

I cannot stand to see people being ripped off at this time of year.

Take the Nintendo Wii. A Large Newsagents/Stationers in Meadowhall have had the Wii in stock on and off for the last couple of months. They have conatantly told people that they couldnt order them as it wasnt fair to others.

They were having deliveries of around 35 a week, BUT !!!

They were allowing employees to put them on one side when the delivery turned up. One delivery of 30 Wii arrived on a tuesday afternoon, there had been 5-10 people calling every hour to see if we had recieved the delivery. ONLY 6 WENT OUT ON SALE....:o

One lad over the course of a couple of weeks had around 10 Wii's.

I know that some of those Wii's ended up on e-bay selling at around £500 each.

:rant::rant::rant:

Take the Nintendo Wii. A Large Newsagents/Stationers in Meadowhall have had the Wii in stock on and off for the last couple of months. They have conatantly told people that they couldnt order them as it wasnt fair to others.

They were allowing employees to put them on one side when the delivery turned up. One delivery of 30 Wii arrived on a tuesday afternoon, there had been 5-10 people calling every hour to see if we had recieved the delivery. ONLY 6 WENT OUT ON SALE....:o

So when antiques get flogged for millions of pounds is that greed? It's not greed it's SUPPLY AND DEMAND! Jesus, give the sensible people in this world strengh!

Sorry but I have to disagree, business is business, they are an independant retailer and are in business to make money. The question is are you daft enough to pay it? some people are. There is nothing illegal about making a healthy profit.

I am inclined to agree, though wasn't ticket touting made a criminal offence earlier this year exactly because they were making "too much" of a healthy profit?

To the OP... it might be worth complaining directly to Nintendo, they're extremely ****** off with the practice...

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=31618

Bundling like this removes the price advantage they have over the other consoles, so people are going to the competition because retailers have set the prices higher than the 360/PS3!

Hmmm...which store? I'm only asking because I also know of a game store which has sacked two of it's employees for this very same practice. I'm sure the company would love to be informed.

buy a psp instead!!!as for the wii,nintendo shipped something like 4 million over from japan at the beging of the week they sent 4 jumbo jets straight from japan full of wii's,so most places now have them in stock,as for the ds there as popular as ever and if you had known 2-3 days ago that you weren't getiing yours i know someone that was selling a brand new one for £150 i think. that was a pink one!!