Poll: Would you like to see Velocity Tower grow taller?

higgins

Which do you prefer?  

236 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you prefer?

• 36 Storeys - Bigger is better!
    • 22 Storeys - Tall enough already
    • Can't decide

I heard that they decided it looks crap and have decided to demolish it.

HOORAY!!!:banana::clap::banana::clap::banana:

But on a more serious note, the huge and very fast downturn in the housing market will bring a more sensible and sustainable approach to regenerating the city centre.

• 2 weeks later...
So whats happening with this then? Save me reading through the whole thread!

Are we going to get the 36 storeys or are they sticking with 22?

I reckon they should go for 36, it would look fantastic.

I still don't think the planning application for the extra 14 storeys has been validated yet (that means they are still waiting for supporting information).

After it's validated the council will decide whether to grant permission or not.

Yes the latest advice is that the Architects have been working very hard on this, it is a large project and is taking a great deal of time to complete the plans for the extension and the wing. The application will appear soon.

Meanwhile the lower part has been capped off temporarily at the 21st floor so that the services can be installed and many finishing works done in the lower floors. Which is why that part now looks almost complete and features advertisments.

The poll options are not too helpful. Where is the one for people who would like it demolished before it is complete.
Well seeing as that is not an available option in real life, there is not much point in making it a poll option is there?

Well seeing as that is not an available option in real life, there is not much point in making it a poll option is there?

I don't suppose saying you want it stopping at 22 floors is going to make any difference either. The idea of a poll is to guage public opinion, and thinking that this structure is inappropriate is as valid a point of view as any other. Are you suggesting that only people of a certain view point should be allowed to express opinions?

I don't suppose saying you want it stopping at 22 floors is going to make any difference either. The idea of a poll is to guage public opinion, and thinking that this structure is inappropriate is as valid a point of view as any other. Are you suggesting that only people of a certain view point should be allowed to express opinions?
:loopy: where on Earth have I said that?! It looks to me like you are just trying tobe obnoxious to try and get a bit of an argument out of someone. :nono:

Have you actually read this thread? If so you will see that it has over 250 posts of various people expressing a whole wide range of different views and raises some intersting debates.

You are perfectly welcome to state your opinion in the thread as many others have done... but seeing as the poll itself is to vote on one of two outcomes that are due to be decided in the real world, I did not bother to include various pointless options that belong in fantasy land.

To clarify: what you are complaining about is the equivalent of having a poll like "should Prince William be made King? Yes or No?" and someone complaining that its unfair that they can't vote to kill him. :loopy:

(where the hell that analogy came from I don't know!)

:loopy: where on Earth have I said that?! It looks to me like you are just trying tobe obnoxious to try and get a bit of an argument out of someone. :nono:

Have you actually read this thread? If so you will see that it has over 250 posts of various people expressing a whole wide range of different views and raises some intersting debates.

You are perfectly welcome to state your opinion in the thread as many others have done... but seeing as the poll itself is to vote on one of two outcomes that are due to be decided in the real world, I did not bother to include various pointless options that belong in fantasy land.

To clarify: what you are complaining about is the equivalent of having a poll like "should Prince William be made King? Yes or No?" and someone complaining that its unfair that they can't vote to kill him. :loopy:

(where the hell that analogy came from I don't know!)

That's one way to stifle a debate I suppose.

Sorry I haven't adorned this with a dozen little smileys.

Archived