Poll: Would you like to see Velocity Tower grow taller?

Which do you prefer?  

236 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you prefer?

• 36 Storeys - Bigger is better!
    • 22 Storeys - Tall enough already
    • Can't decide

like what?

A massive aquarium. Personally, I hope this tower reaches the moon.

I understand from someone at the site, that a decision regarding the plans is due on the 6th Sept. I also heard that the site was closed down at the end of last week by the Health and Safety, anyone heard why?

This makes me laugh! Velocity was originally supposed to be completed almost a year ago!!! so instead of actually completing it they want make it taller? ud think theyd just give up

When i was looking into it - the majority of the apartments were going to be studio apartments maybe the builders need to look into how many of these are already if sheffield town centre and how many are un-sold/un- let. The latest block to be compeleted currently has just 4 residents!

Also for the cost of these they are very small and studio apartments are not very popular with the city centre workers so i can only see this place being popular with students if and i doubt most could afford the rent

I thought the majority of it was going to be office space?

industory instead of flats offices and call centres

You don't build 'industry' by putting up a building. They could have put a factory there if that's what you mean, but nobody was going to use it.

And if the industry in question is going to be undercut by a foreign rival, what's the point?

The council made a decision this afternoon - "YES" to 30 storeys (8 more than it stands currently)

Unfortunately no Skybar or hotel - all residential.

The council made a decision this afternoon - "YES" to 30 storeys (8 more than it stands currently)

yay !

Unfortunately no Skybar or hotel - all residential.

Boo !

(though there is a hotel next door to it so another would be a bit daft)