Cannabis syndrome?

"Man buys five packets of skittles from Spar in Cannabis frenzy"

im there man

errrrrrrrrrm

in my days it was a snicker bar, packet of rizla and a ribena :)

its a shame no one actually gets the point of this thread and just wants to protect the sacred name of cannabis

if it was not for illegal drugs we would never have legal ones.

and i dont know if i agree with cannabi syndrome thats just another load of toff to tell us all that it does your nutt in every one knows.

maybe an effect of weed smoking might include a change of perspective that makes one question why they should be working their arses off day in day out?

personally i used to smoke loads and still got loads done - but it was stuff i wanted to do and that's why i did it

don't smoke much now and still get a fair old bit done

i think some people are just lazy asses and use being stoned as an excuse

when ur stoned the thought of doing something can seem way harder than when you actually get up and do the thing concerned

I cannot understand anybody smoking it. IT smells vile and it lingers. I was on the peasant wagon on the way to work and I could smell cannabis on a bloke 5 rows of seats back

smells way better than fag smoke tho

aromatic

I have watched my neighbours 18 year old son go from a normal friendly lad into a mad, rude and paranoid idiot. He is the complete opposite of how he used to be. When he has smoked what ever he does the change is frightening. His poor mum is so worried he threatens her ,threathens to smash the house up. I hope to god my son can avoid this stuff. Tougher laws are needed it is a killer.

I have watched my neighbours 18 year old son go from a normal friendly lad into a mad, rude and paranoid idiot. He is the complete opposite of how he used to be. When he has smoked what ever he does the change is frightening. His poor mum is so worried he threatens her ,threathens to smash the house up. I hope to god my son can avoid this stuff. Tougher laws are needed it is a killer.

lol if this is the same cannabis thread

it IS NOT a killer, cannabis has never killed anybody, you cant die from cannabis, its an impossibility

however it can bring about mental health problems (which i believe the person is suffering from anyway) cannabis doesnt cause, it triggers these dormant conditions.

whos to know their son wasnt going to change anyway? some teenage boys can go strange due to growing up, nothing to do with drugs, do you know it IS to do with him smoking cannabis or just sumising?

it IS NOT a killer, cannabis has never killed anybody, you cant die from cannabis, its an impossibility

however it can bring about mental health problems (which i believe the person is suffering from anyway) cannabis doesnt cause, it triggers these dormant conditions.

whos to know their son wasnt going to change anyway? some teenage boys can go strange due to growing up, nothing to do with drugs, do you know it IS to do with him smoking cannabis or just sumising?

points well made as per, mel - glad to see ur still on form

cannabis use can trigger latent psychosis - most people haven't got latent psychosis

it has been shown in studies to have most negative effect on people who use it when their personality is still forming, eg teenagers & youngsters

life has risks, it's a rollercoaster ride

there was this a man died after a truck load he was transporting some how fell on him and crushed him to death :hihi:

joking aside http://www.ccguide.org.uk/eadt170703.php

http://itn.co.uk/news/59aae1b993bb700379a34c763c158f92.html

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/main.jhtml?xml=/health/2007/03/26/hcannabis126.xml

:roll:

there was this a man died after a truck load he was transporting some how fell on him and crushed him to death :hihi:

joking aside http://www.ccguide.org.uk/eadt170703.php

http://itn.co.uk/news/59aae1b993bb700379a34c763c158f92.html

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/main.jhtml?xml=/health/2007/03/26/hcannabis126.xml

:roll:

LoL i found you funny, 1st link is something that some dude slapped together, it could have been made by my gran but it weren't it was composed by some Alun Buffry who lives in a cottage in the middle of nowhere, take a look.

The 2nd starts with "The family of a young violinist who killed herself said her personality changed after smoking a single joint of cannabis."

Her parents said the drug had sparked a downward spiral of depression, bullying and then death.

I didn't like reading this, poor lass I dont think it was 1 joint that sent her over the top, I mean when did smoking 1 joint come complete with bullies? sounds like this lass had alot more on her plate than just 1 joint.

The 3rd as far as i can see is the telegraph abusing some boys death to make public its u-turn on decriminalising canabis.

The thing common about all these links is that they are suicide victims, now is the question, Cannabis caused the deaths?

or they wanted to die anyway, and canabis was nothing more than a form of recreation?

Considering they all share a common mental illness that is resident in more people that do not smoke canabis than what do, canabis looks like the scapegoat in these cases.

These are not good sources of factual information but the beliefs of suicide victims parents, so unless you want to read stories about their circumstances, i wouldn't bother with them.

Cannabis has been used for over 2000 years, the hindus used it long before democracy long before jesus and its not recorded to have been an issue until 1484 when Pope, Innocent VIII, tried to outlaw it.

The romans and carpathians fought for it, it has been regarded as a useful resource for centuries, it has always been a CHEAP way to make clothes, tables, rope, paper just to name a few of its uses.

And it had been this way throughout all time until the Mexican Revolution of 1910, when columbia undercut american prices, as this was one of the largest resources used in america, and to stop all that money going to columbia the americans made it illegal.

Which was the start of the america narcotics division.

Or to be more specific Harry J. Anslinger owned alot of land and grew weed for a living, when the columbians started taking his business he sold up and became head of the bureau of narcotics (where it is said he invested his money, but i dont know this as fact myself.. would be a logical assumption though), when england adopted the 1925 Geneva International Convention on Narcotics Control, cannabis was made illegal, which we can thank Harry J. Anslinger for.

What i would like to know is, if democracy is such that 1 man can in effect criminalise billions of people worldwide with something that has been used as common as it has throughout centuries, just cos he was outpriced, then something is wrong somewhere.

Now there are some facts for you to dwell on.

But then we still witness the same sort of corruption today, I wonder if the next era will be as corrupt as the democratic one.

Alcohol has been used for longer than cannabis. But due to the massive revenue it earns, I doubt it will be ever illegal. Looking at both, which are undoubtedly drugs, I think the amount taken is what causes the problems. In moderation both drug seem to pose no problems, and in the case of alcohol, even beneficial. But abuse it, and problems occur, and cannabis problems seem to hit the press harder given the relative amount of users to alcohol.