How much can I earn as a Taxi Driver, working 9am-5pm, mon-fri? (not black cab)

You should tell the taxman you earn £5k per year like many self employed people do :thumbsup:

He'll work it out for himself like they always do. Taxman uses a "national model" for each trade and particularly such as taxi trade. If the figures you give have a deviation from that model then serious consequenses result. Things like repayments on car, Mortgage, Insurance and running costs totalling to more than 5 grand, may land you in some trouble if you claim to only earn five grand.

They can't be hundred percent accurate of course but close enough. We deal with the tax man as individuals but they have experience of dealing with millions and all the tricks people pull.:rolleyes:

I have managed to get my overheads down to about a 20 quid a week insurance and having your own car is a bonus but it will take a battering. Rent is £90 and i spend about £80-100 quid a week on fuel. I used to spend more but have stopped running for jobs as fuel prices have gone sky high.

I used to do also alot of airport work but due to illegal firms and competition i decided it wasn't worth the bother and there isn't enough work out there constantly. Whoever said £1500 quid a week is in cloud cuckoo land or havin a laff. Even working hard hours in town that figure needs a good 10-12 hour shift every night to achieve.

Personally if you like driving long hours, can take abit of abuse, know your way round sheffield, own your own car and can get cheap insurance it might be worth considering. Or join Eddie Stobart's gang instead.

As for what cabbies earn they will never tell you. We earn peanuts i tell ya :thumbsup:

The Only Way To Work Out How Much Money You Could Earn As A Cab Driver Is To Work Out The Average Takings Over A Year. All Through The Bad Times And Very Bad Times And The Good Times, About Twice A Year.

I just worked it out every week when I was doing it, keep the cash under the bed. The most I made in a week was a little under £2100. A great job and wage if your prepared to do the hours.

spruce,

in answer to your wildly overexaggerated comment I'lll point you (and the questioner) to ricky's comment...

this thread asked how much could you expect to earn as taxi driver for certain hours of the day I anaswered a honest and truthful answer. not enough to make living, I stand by that and I will add a little more in response to the claim someone earns £1500 a week quite easy which is complete rubbish.

A taxi driver working seven nights a week cannot expect to to earn that much I will hazard a guess that not one taxi driver clears more than £500 a week regularly it is nigh on impossible never mind £1500.

I wont go into all the details on the exact figures but I have just worked out very quickly the figure required it costs a per day just to put your taxi on the road for one shift assuming that you have paid or will pay all your dues and demands that you are supposed to pay. Road tax, insurance. car payments, radio rent. depreciation, income tax. medical fees,licence fees.fuel cost,repairs,testing fees for car.printing costs for signs etc. add all this lot together and I reached a figure of approx £90 a day, I consider this to be very conservative and not over the top.

So this is the amount you have to earn each day before you make a penny. Take into account a taxi only has approx three hours per night when work follows on from job to job. the rest of the time you just plod on or sit in some car park waiting for a fare.

most ppl on here are sensible enough to work out that the £1500 is complete rubbish and cannot be achieved.

I spent twenty years driving taxis for a living and never ever achieved anything close to this figure. so where the figure of £1500 come from is beyond me.

A realistic figure for the average taxi driver is £10 a hour on a good day ie Thur Fri Sat

and the rest of the week a lot less.

Although it isnt uncommon to hear the other lads getting maybe £2500+ pw as a one off.

I just worked it out every week when I was doing it, keep the cash under the bed. The most I made in a week was a little under £2100. A great job and wage if your prepared to do the hours.

is that all, i made over £4k last week and i had a few days out with one of my many girlfriends and i am still getting income support

is that all, i made over £4k last week and i had a few days out with one of my many girlfriends and i am still getting income support

I dont see why you need income support when your on that wage, but hey, If you can get away with it fair play.

i dont think i can even bring myself to comment. oh, i just did. might as well carry on....how the hell are you getting income support when you earnt that much in a week?

I dont see why you need income support when your on that wage, but hey, If you can get away with it fair play.

I though you was in the trade? 80% of my college are all claiming income support so you get a free house and rent/rates free, while all the money you make goes to villas aboard, the accountant we all use knows how much to declare so we get free everything

I though you was in the trade? 80% of my college are all claiming income support so you get a free house and rent/rates free, while all the money you make goes to villas aboard, the accountant we all use knows how much to declare so we get free everything

I must be in the other 20% then.