How much can I earn as a Taxi Driver, working 9am-5pm, mon-fri? (not black cab)

Do you really think Im going to post my real figures here? to mortals who are mere `usernames`. Sometimes it was closer to £1800pw. Like I said, OP. Ignore this shower.

Are you still in this line of work ?

Do you really think Im going to post my real figures here? to mortals who are mere `usernames`. Sometimes it was closer to £1800pw. Like I said, OP. Ignore this shower.

I may be a mere username but I dont live in cloud cuckoo land but at least I tell it as it is not completely our of order unachievable claims that you can earn £1500 a week taxi driving, come on pal get back in the real world, tell the op the truth he will be lucky to clear £200 working days. you know it makes sense

only way he will make £1500 driving a taxi is do extra after the trip, everyone just ignore this idiot as he is having a laugh,

Annual Income:

Figures are intended as a guideline only. There is no average income for taxi drivers as earnings depend on the fares charged, the number of journeys made, and the hours worked.

Some taxi drivers earn less than £5,000 a year.

A successful taxi driver working an average 40-hour week in a major city could expect to earn around £12,000 a year.

A few taxi drivers earn up to £30,000 a year.

http://www.redgoldfish.co.uk/view_job_information.asp?gid=35

Drivers working an average of 40 hours a week in a major city can expect to earn around £12,000 to £16,000 a year.

Some taxi drivers earn up to £30,000 a year

http://www.learndirect-advice.co.uk/helpwithyourcareer/jobprofiles/profiles/profile121/

Annual Income:

Figures are intended as a guideline only. There is no average income for taxi drivers as earnings depend on the fares charged, the number of journeys made, and the hours worked.

Some taxi drivers earn less than £5,000 a year.

A successful taxi driver working an average 40-hour week in a major city could expect to earn around £12,000 a year.

A few taxi drivers earn up to £30,000 a year.

http://www.redgoldfish.co.uk/view_job_information.asp?gid=35

Drivers working an average of 40 hours a week in a major city can expect to earn around £12,000 to £16,000 a year.

Some taxi drivers earn up to £30,000 a year

http://www.learndirect-advice.co.uk/helpwithyourcareer/jobprofiles/profiles/profile121/

that sounds about right as most of the drivers i know earn £4-700 aweek, but your car takes a good hammering and lots of repairs so its not all profits

learndirect figures should taken with a pinch of salt and so should red

Please refrain from swearing, bickering, trolling or accusing of trolling. Any more will result in bans. Thanks.

Is it not possible to make £450 (after expenses) just on a fri/sat night?

So you could say if you worked the week, maybe £700-£800? And if you really like driving maybe £1000?

So you could say if you worked the week, maybe £700-£800? And if you really like driving maybe £1000?

It may be possible, but let's remember that this thread started with someone asking what could be earned by driving 9-to-5?

NO to both questions.:)

I think ricky36 has answered the question comprehensively already. Spruce may have his reasons but I choose not to accept accuracy of his figures.

I have run my own airport business for the past six years and have also worked in private hire in Sheffield.

I used to start work in private hire around 6.00am untill around 3.00pm and on average make around £120.00 gross monday to friday. Weekends working at night the target used to be close £200.00 depending on when I finished.

With regards to the airport side of the business £1500.00 is a little over the top, as this would require a huge number of hours on the road, which in my opinion is not safe for other road users and your passengers. However £1000.00 - £1300.00 is possible before expenses, but this is only possible through the summer months (easter to October).