Abbeydale Road Closed

Getting reports that abbeydale road is closed at its junction with carterknowle road due to a 3 vehciel rta . Road Shut completley buses been diverted - it is understood that the buses on site are stuck and are not involved - NFD

I'll be heading that way shortly and will have a rubber-neck and report on / confirm closure and diversions if there are any. . .

I'll be heading that way shortly and will have a rubber-neck and report on / confirm closure and diversions if there are any. . .

The road is shut it is closed it as ceased to be , I would expect it to remain closed for a while

The road is shut it is closed it as ceased to be , I would expect it to remain closed for a while

It's it an ex-highway. . !!

Still gonna have a butchers, closed or not . . it doesn't really affect me on a scooter. .

;)

Just been around it in a taxi. There's around 5 or 6 buses and a few lorries parked up that can't get around the diversion. Seems like there were 7 or 8 stationary police cars with a normal car in between them.

Seemed more like someone had been pulled over rather than an accident.

The whole part of Abbeydale road at the end of Carterknowl Rd is closed,

Looks like summats hit a kid on a mino moto crosser . .

A driver told me at work that there is a fatality. Could be hear say though.

Saw the RTA last night on the way back from training, it looked very bad for the person on the scooter.

Craig.

Witness.....A couple of youths on an offroader bike were travelling up Abbeydale Road, no lights or helmets etc. A car pulled across them from Carteknowel Road and BANG. Both lads seem to be about sixteen and quite badly injured but concious at the time. Although no fatalities but the Police did unusually long time to open up the road last night. It was nice to see people being so helpful with one lady bringging out a blanket to wrap around one lad whilst other was held by another lady who took charge not to let anyone move them till paramedic and Police arrived. One lad has a broken leg various other cuts and grazes, and the other also has non life threatening injuries, I am reliably told.

I feel sorry for the poor car driver who hit them. I hope these youths are made to pay for any damage they caused, because obviously they wouldn't have had any insurance. I'm glad their injuries are not life threatening though - maybe it will teach them a lesson!

I feel sorry for the poor car driver who hit them. I hope these youths are made to pay for any damage they caused, because obviously they wouldn't have had any insurance. I'm glad their injuries are not life threatening though - maybe it will teach them a lesson!
Total agreement on this point. The poor lad was in shock having been hit by a bike that he couldn't possibly have seen with no lights. Apparently these little bikes are all the rage, so unfortunately more incidents of this type on the cards.

these bikes are a nightmare, we have one little numpty that runs up n down our streets at all hours, no lights, helmet.. thing is when if he was to get knocked of or hurt it will be 'oh he was such a lovely lad never did aything wrong' not that he is a pain in the ass that drove everyone mental.

It is the driver of the car you've got to feel sorry for in this case no doubt he/she will be feeling terrible even though they couldnt have done anything.