Your best Sheffield XI

How about naming your best Sheffield 11. But the twist is that to show Sheffield solidarity you must include 5 or 6 from United and 5 or 6 from Wednesday (instead of all 11 from either side). This has to be the best from what YOU'VE seen and from your era however long or short that may be. So here goes, but like all team choices they'll always be someone you forgot just as soon as you write it down! Good luck. Just for fun!

1. Alan Kelly (Blades)

2. Roland Nilsson (Owls)

3. Nigel Worthington (Owls)

4. Tony Currie (Blades)

5. Des Walker (Owls)

6. Mike Lyons (Owls)

7. Alan Woodward (Blades)

8. Chris Waddle (Owls)

9. David Hirst (Owls)

10. Brian Deane (Blades)

11. Alex Sabella (Blades)

Good effort DF that would be my 11 as well.

Just noted the lack of modern day players! I wonder why??? Lol.

im a blade but what about dicanio or carbone ? if they are spelled incorrectly im sure you will know who i mean .

im a blade but what about dicanio or carbone ? if they are spelled incorrectly im sure you will know who i mean .

Carbone: Not as good as everyone made him out to be....

Di Canio: Nut case

Great idea this, I need to get my thinking cap on but I would definitely agree with Ned in goal for a start even if only for his performance in the 2-1 massacre at Wembley!!

Yes De Canio has got to be in there, Sheriden, Waddle...... and then, i would say Kelly in goal, depends how far we go back... going back 20 30 years is Pointless.