Old Pub Landlords where are they now???

Keith the old landlord of the Yorkshiremans Arms was a really nice guy and he knew a lot of the regulars by name. Once when I was on antibiotics he overheard me mention this just after he'd served me a nice pint of cider, he immediately snatched the pint back and instructed the rest of the bar staff I was only to be served soft drinks for the next three nights. Rather annoying but I suppose it showed he cared for my well-being and he didn't charge me for the pint.

I believe he went on to work on the security team for the Sheffield Hallam university as I saw him in the mid 90's briefly.

I seem to remember the landlord of the shiney sheff did a stint at the Mill (Halfway) as a relief in the early 90's he was a chubby fellow with a grey beard, this was just at the point of his retirement, where he said that he was moving to Lancashire with his wife. May not have been the same chap but he was a nice bloke.

Keith the old landlord of the Yorkshiremans Arms was a really nice guy and he knew a lot of the regulars by name. Once when I was on antibiotics he overheard me mention this just after he'd served me a nice pint of cider, he immediately snatched the pint back and instructed the rest of the bar staff I was only to be served soft drinks for the next three nights. Rather annoying but I suppose it showed he cared for my well-being and he didn't charge me for the pint.

I believe he went on to work on the security team for the Sheffield Hallam university as I saw him in the mid 90's briefly.

Yes he is still with use and still working for SHU

Great landlord Terry, I remember standing outside the Mulberry with Mick Lee when a guy came past and greeted him and had a 10 minute conversation about how great the Black Swan had been in the past etc the man thought that Mick was Terry and they did look alike, Mick being the gentleman he was never let on.

What happened to Terry Steeples former landlord at the Mucky Duck, last I heard I think he moved out to the East coast

Just remembering some of my local haunts in the early 80's and wondered if anyone knew where the Landlords moved on to, perhaps other pubs in Sheffield?

There was a bloke who ran the old SHINY SHEFF on Crimicar lane who was something to do with HMS Sheffield, x Navy man, kept a real tight ship at that pub....can't remember his name now....large guy, real old skool sea captain type.......where is he now???

The X footballer who used to run the RISING SUN in nethergreen, forgotten his name too but he was former United Player I think?? Had mad permed hair and delicious wife.........where is he now?

Landlord Derek Brown who had THE YORK in Broomhill in late 70's and early to mid 80's......he was getting on a bit, well late 40's early 50's at the time but maybe still around.....

The Landlord of the YORKSHIREMANS ARMS 1983/4/5 was a chap

called Keith who previously had the BEAGLE in Parson X....still around?

And who was the chap who used to run the old original Sportsman in Crosspool, which is now retirement flats complex....at least I think it was called the Sportsman (opp the Tapton/King edwards school playing fields on Manchester Rd) it underwent a massive refurb in the mid 80's with huge extension on it but was a small stone built trad pub in the early 80's.....

The chap called PETE who had the original SPRINGVALE in Walkley who had an alcoholic wife who did paintings....where is he now?

And the ORIGINAL landlord of the Hadfield before ROB took it in 1988/9.....was he called KEVIN?? Think he took on the Porter Cottage for a while but not seen him since......

anyone know where these old landlords ended up??

The last i knew of grahan Phew he was the land lord of the free maisons on the bridge at Hillsborough corner that was last year,i worked for him at the rising sun i did a disco there every Tuesday.