Best Fish and Chips in Sheffield thread

Guest NicolaE

I like that Chinese, they use really good fresh ingridients, loads of fresh veg and nice meat! Maybe they ran out a bit on that day and padded it out with onion! Theyre certainly better then the Chinese on Hutcliffe wood- less greasy noodles and a bigger variety of veg!

:(

i thought you were on about joiners ;)

Got to be the baracuda city road for me, but the gate at penistone aint that bad:D

hillsbrough fish bar middlewood rd, great fish n chips, and pizza and many other things that ive never tried because im on a diet.

honest!:heyhey:

i think the best chippy in Sheffield is one on Herries Road next to Tesco there chips are gorgeous!

There is a fab one on Wellington Street in Barnsley - that chippy beats all chippies!

i think the best chippy in Sheffield is one on Herries Road next to Tesco there chips are gorgeous!

There is a fab one on Wellington Street in Barnsley - that chippy beats all chippies!

Anyone know one that does cheese 'n' onion pies? Standard menu item in chippies west of the Pennines (Holland's brand usually) but seldom seen here. I miss that yellow goo wrapped in moist pastry.

The best one when I was a kid used to be Queenies chippy on Hartleybrook road.

As an adult B4 I came to Canada phoenix at Woodseats.

I used to stay in a caravan at Chapel St leonards and there was one there called Tonys chippy that did Sheffield fishcakes you had to bee there as they came out (7pm) to get one there was always a queue waiting for em.

Two Steps. Sharrow Vale road. End of debate.

Originally posted by Kristian

Have to agree here; Carnaby Fisheries is fab, and I am fortunate enough to live a stones-throw away!

It is fab but it's dirt cheap too. You can get a meal for two with loads of extras like peas, onion rings and gravy and it's always about £3.50. I went over there the day I moved up from London and when they said how much it was I nearly fell over! It would have cost about £20 down south.

The best would be outside the Leppings Lane stand at hillsborough.

The worst has to be by the tramline while walking to the Malin Bridge tram stop. I wondered why it was so empty. lol

The clown one in Whitby is my fav. chippy ever but yeah the Admiral ones are loveleeee....