Best Fish and Chips in Sheffield thread

Try Admiral on Crookes. Best fish and chips for miles around.

Any time you're heading up the A1, turn off when you get to Wetherby. Just up the hill into town from the old bridge over the river is The Wetherby Whaler. Best haddock for miles around. I challenge anyone to eat a 'Whaler' (their biggest fish) and chips. :hihi:

Reviving this thread because I'm wondering if anybody knows what will happen to Brenda's when the Moor is redeveloped? I understand the block which Brenda's is in will likely be flattened. :confused:

Taplin Chippy in Hillsborough. they are verry nice there

two steps on sharrow vale road is the best.fresh fish and nice big portions of chips.

Moor Fisheries all the time! Been there for donkey years! Great Food and Great Service!

ive been allover the world and many places besides......and my vote is for tony,s at mosborough.............cake butties are second to none...........:gag: admirals were owned by a guy from bieghton and they used to be great but not no more...........,i used to deliver ready to fry chips to them so its fair to say i know my chips.......handsworth chippy is garbage.........same as city rd.................there is a little chippy at the west end of woodhouse thats good for fish ....he goes and picks his own.......yep hes number 2.................number 3 is bottom of laverack st handsworth that weren't bad .......................,other than that goto greens at whitby...........3 x chips fish n peas n teas £25..............

No - there are NO good fish and chip shops in Sheffield - we tried loads and we now travel up to junc 39 off the M1 - KINGFISHER fish and chips are the best outside Whitby. There is a take away or a sit down cafe - pots of tea/coffee & bread & Butter included - and they DO FREE FISH & CHIPS FOR KIDS under 12 in the restaurant - proper fish aswell not fish fingers!! Can't be beaten we go specially at least once a month! Just get off at Junc 39 and go towards Denby Dale for about 500yards and its on the left - takes 40 mins from centre Sheff - well worth it!!