Best Fish and Chips in Sheffield thread

worst chippy i ever been for is the one in listerdale rotherham

£6.80 for fish chips and a can of coke

and it wasn't all that

Trafalgar Chippy is good at Wadsley Bridge, huge portions, Todays catch is the same.

There a chippy down darnall on the corner near halifax bank, we got 2 portions of... fish chips and mushy peas, and a large chips, 2 small battered sausage and a large pot of curry sauce for 8.00. and the fish was huge! and the chips was enough 2 feed 2 people and still have leftovers.

lol, we went to skegness for the weekend last week and went to a chippy near the cheers pub, we got, 2 portions of fish n chips, large chips,, small sausage and pot of curry sauce for 15.00!!! robberey

and the fish was tiny and horrible and the chips was rubbish aswell.

There a chippy down darnall on the corner near halifax bank, we got 2 portions of... fish chips and mushy peas, and a large chips, 2 small battered sausage and a large pot of curry sauce for 8.00. and the fish was huge! and the chips was enough 2 feed 2 people and still have leftovers.

sounds like a place i may have to checkout:)

lol, we went to skegness for the weekend last week and went to a chippy near the cheers pub, we got, 2 portions of fish n chips, large chips,, small sausage and pot of curry sauce for 15.00!!! robberey

I,ll bet they did not tast that good either.... the fish and chips at skeggy are always crap.... Everyone thinks that because you have them at seaside they are going to tast great, but that is not always the case......... BUT having said that, there is one chippy on the road to ingarmauls (sorry about the spelling) that is quite nice, it,s not far from the Ship pub on the traffic lights if you know where i mean.....

Tim:)

The one on Sharrow Vale Road opposite the post office is fantastic.

Worth the money:love:

When I lived in Woodseats, Poseidon was my chippery of choice. Now I'm in Walkley, I rate Codrophenia.

I don't think the two steps is as good as it used to be.( but at least they have scraps !

I try to find a chippy that only sells fish ,fishcakes,chips and peas and cooks them in beef dripping not vegetable oil . If they cook sausages ,burgers etc. it spoils the taste of the fish. And they're best open not wrapped - Ithink they go soggy when wrapped.The best near us at the moment is at Banner X.

The best chippy has gotta be Pete's Chippy on Main Street, Grenoside. discovered it when I worked in Grenoside many moons ago & still have tea from there every Fri night, altho it means travellin quite a bit further. Great little family run chippy, great staff n food cooked to perfection. Probably shot myself in foot n the queues are gonna be mega but hey ...........