Best Fish and Chips in Sheffield thread

In my opinion Tony's at Mosborough is very good, as is the one at Stoney Middleton!

Two Step on Sharrowvale is good as is Poseidon on Abbey Lane.

I'd say Fish better at Poseidon and Chips better at Two Step.

Although saying that Two Step wins hands down because of the :love:

Marishells Chippy in Ecclesfield, best chippy in Sheffield by far.

I agree, they only open a few days and always run out of stuff before I get there though. Not the cheapest but can't say it isn't good value as they are very nice.

i always like devonshire green chippy

well tasty ^_^

and not pricey

x

Yuk, yuk, yuk and again yuk :gag::gag:

There's a very good reason why it's not expensive: it's there mostly to serve either a) people who've never been there before and b) people who are too p*ssed to remember they've been there before and what it tasted like last time (that'll be me many a time then).

best has gotta be "supper spot" at malin bridge... dunno if it's still there tho... i haven't been in a while :-(

Abbey friar have seriously gone way down hill. About 13 years ago they were one of the best in Sheffield but it seems to have changed over the years.

I recommend Poesidan on Abbeylane, Two Steps in Sharrowvale or Jimmy's by Endcliffe Park.

Poesidan is decent portions, good choice and decent prices.

Two steps is very nice food and the homemade pies are excellent.

Jimmy's is good for the sausage specials.

I think that the chippy in swallownest is a rip off £1.25 for a small portion of chips and the fish is about £4.00 and is like a fishcake and most of it is unedable

Although i will say mannings next to the bookies at woodhouse is gorgeus not been for a while but there quite cheap aswel ;)

I think that the chippy in swallownest is a rip off £1.25 for a small portion of chips and the fish is about £4.00 and is like a fishcake and most of it is unedable

Although i will say mannings next to the bookies at woodhouse is gorgeus not been for a while but there quite cheap aswel ;)

If you think that one is bad then you should try the one at gleadless townend.... What a load of crap:gag:, you can count the chips just by looking at them, thats how bad the portions are, The staff are about as cheerful as Doggy S**t. I was about to shoot myself, they looked that depressed... I didn`t get a fish so i,m not sure how nice they are, but if the chips anything to go by then you can make your own mind up........:loopy:

I know it's not Sheffield but I love Bakewell chippy !

mannings stuff is horrible and a total rip off for the amount you get

If you think that one is bad then you should try the one at gleadless townend.... What a load of crap:gag:, you can count the chips just by looking at them, thats how bad the portions are, The staff are about as cheerful as Doggy S**t. I was about to shoot myself, they looked that depressed... I didn`t get a fish so i,m not sure how nice they are, but if the chips anything to go by then you can make your own mind up........:loopy:

Too true. Don't eat the chips in the dark. You won't be able to sort out the black ones.

There is a fantastic chippy just as you go into Chesterfield from the Dronfield by pass. Heading from the roundabout at the end of the by pass it is down a little side road to the left about half way to the Derby Tup.

Can't remember what it is called but at lunchtime the queues are out of the door down the street. I don' t think it opens at night.

If it isn't open don't risk the ones on Whittington Common.

MAN FRIDAYS (Shoreham Street) is good but they need a contingency plan for when they take their month long holiday this time every year.....

TOO LONG TO WAIT WITHOUT MY CHICKEN CURRY AND CHIPS LOL !!