Why Does Nobody Hate the Chinese Japanese and Jewish?

Just wondered as Sheffield is very well know for eing one the most racist cities, none of the racists you often come across here seem to hate the Chinese, Japanese or the Jewish? They all seem to hate Somalians, Pakistanis, Afro-Carieans, and Jamaicans.
The obvious answer is that the social problems we face with the Somalians, Pakistanis, Afro-Caribbeans, and Jamaicans are not reflected by the positive traits of the Chinese, Japanese or Jewish communities.

It's a bit like asking why don't we like muggers, when we like nurses.

Right, ok you say as far you're concerned sheffield has a reputation for racism. I've never met a single person from anywhere in the country who when I told them i was from sheffield told me i must be a racist

eh? Proaly ecause most people aren't judgmental that's why, If you're from Glasgow would you expect other people to automatically presume you're a drunken drug addict who's knifed a few people?

It is? By whom?

It is not just Sheffield, Yorkshire has been regarded as the most racist part of the UK ever since I was a lad ( and probably before)

One example I can think of was the Yorkshire cricket rule that no none Yorkshire man should play for Yorkshire. I know it is only a little thing, and it probably no longer applies, but it is the little things that add up and put discrimination into peoples minds.

Ummm... if Sheffield is so racist, then why have so many non-native families chosen to settle here...?

Ummm... if Sheffield is so racist, then why have so many non-native families chosen to settle here...?

Non native people settle everywhere, why should Sheffield be any different and how would that prevent, if it were true, Sheffielders from being racist?

Non native people settle everywhere, why should Sheffield be any different and how would that prevent, if it were true, Sheffielders from being racist?

If Sheffielders were racist, then I'm sure word would have quickly spread to other non-natives that this wouldn't be a good place to settle, hence they'd go elsewhere.

If Sheffielders were racist, then I'm sure word would have quickly spread to other non-natives that this wouldn't be a good place to settle, hence they'd go elsewhere.

Jason you sound a little naive. Every one and every place is racist to some degree.

People move all around the world, it does not stop racism.

Many people only discover their racist attitudes when they have lots of foreigners moving in 'taking their jobs taking their benefits'

Every one and every place is racist to some degree.

Many people only discover their racist attitudes when they have lots of foreigners moving in 'taking their jobs taking their benefits'

Possibly so, but I would say that Sheffield's far more tolerant than other places I've lived and worked in.

Just wondered as Sheffield is very well know for eing one the most racist cities, none of the racists you often come across here seem to hate the Chinese, Japanese or the Jewish? They all seem to hate Somalians, Pakistanis, Afro-Carieans, and Jamaicans.

They don't **** people off. So people don't get annoyed by them

Simple really.

They don't **** people off. So people don't get annoyed by them

Simple really.

And when did a Pakistani, Somalian, or African Carribbean last **** you off andrewchase?

If an individual from one of these groups has been rude or unpleasant recently did you put it down to human nature or did you decide ther behaviour reflected the group as a whole?

I am reminded of an old Ronnie Corbet joke.

A Chinaman and a Jew are sat in a bar and the Jew suddenly throws a drink over the Chinaman -

"that's for Pearl Harbour" he says.

The Chinaman is indignant and says, "that was the Japaneese".

The Jew replies "Chineese, Japaneese - what's the difference"?

A while later the Chinaman throws a drink over the Jew and says "that's for The Titanic".

This time the Jew is indignant - "that was an iceberg" he say.

"Iceberg, Goldberg what's the difference", replies the Chinaman.

:hihi::D

or, here's another,

Have you heard about that new Jewish sushi bar - it's called so-sue-me.:hihi:

i think it is because the chinese, jewish, and japanese integrate with british people more than other races, its a well known fact that chinese, japanese love britain as a country, hense the holiday makers that come here. integration is what makes people likeable. hating the country that you live in, in your own little comunity etc, to most people is not integrating, and i suppose thats why alot of races are, dare i say it, disliked.