Blocked mobile phone what can i do?

KS2M

Just bought a mobile phone from Cex and when i got it home i noticed that it came up with the words 'INACTIVE USIM' and i thought it could be blocked or barred.

I did a check online using CHECKMEND and it says that the phone has been blocked by 1 or more UK Networks.

It hasn't been reported Lost or Stolen, Obviously it was on a contract and that person hasn't paid their bill and it's become blocked.

The phone is on 3, Cex didn't have anymore of these phones in the shop so i am really annoyed at the moment, Is there anyway that 3 might unblock it if i tell them i have bought it from Cex? So i can use the phone.

Nope there is no way 3 or anyone else will unblock it. The only place the phone would work now is anywhere else other than the UK.

I bet someone got it on contract from 3 , walked out of the store and into CEX without even opening the box and selling it for very quick drug cash.

Edited by Eric_Collins