Another death on the A61 near Grenoside

I saw a police board asking for witnesses, today, about 400 to 500 yds below the McDonalds Roundabout, so I presume it was for this. Very sad.

I saw a police board asking for witnesses, today, about 400 to 500 yds below the McDonalds Roundabout, so I presume it was for this. Very sad.

No - that was yet another one last week. I think the latest one is on the bend before the woods in the area known as Woodseats. ( Not the one in the South of Sheffield ! )

Edited by satman2222

i heard the police and ambulance close to our house when it happened . its only a few hundred yds fom our house.

its always been a terrible road for accidents

Would it be wise to put a barrier between the two lanes?

i dont think the road is wide enough mate there.

No - that was yet another one last week. I think the latest one is on the bend before the woods in the area known as Woodseats. ( Not the one in the South of Sheffield ! )

That's terrible. There were 2 bad crashes at Woodseats a month or so ago, as well.

Very sad for all concerned in all of the crashes.

There are signs along this stretch about the bends and speed advised for them so I

don't know if ignoring these is part of the problem.

its pepole going too fast there are 35 or 45 mph signs so how do you crash if you are abiding by those limits? i have seen this happen once right in front of me! just as i was overtaken too!

its pepole going too fast there are 35 or 45 mph signs so how do you crash if you are abiding by those limits? i have seen this happen once right in front of me! just as i was overtaken too!

Think you will find they are advisory signs IIRC.

advisory or not they are obviosly not been advised to!? adheared to?!