Sheffield taxi fares over Christmas

my partner had a taxi on boxing day from church street in oughtibridge to kirk edge road less than 3 mile and was charged 14 quid

Which taxi firm was that?

Which taxi firm was that?

city i booked it the day before could it be for that

my partner had a taxi on boxing day from church street in oughtibridge to kirk edge road less than 3 mile and was charged 14 quid

It's usually £8 from Hillsborough to Oughtibridge. So I think you did get over charged. Also booking day before doesn't get added to the cost. No booking fee. Unless they suddenly started with one.

city i booked it the day before could it be for that

Hi melcebu, i agree with alisonmanic as for as i know and, we pre booked one on the 26 their is no booking fee.

If i was you i would ring city up and ask why you was charged so much,they will have a record as to who was the driver and the distance you travelled.

I for one would be interested in there reply.

Excel is part owned by City...

No its not!

Nothing to do with city at all.

Hi melcebu, i agree with alisonmanic as for as i know and, we pre booked one on the 26 their is no booking fee.

If i was you i would ring city up and ask why you was charged so much,they will have a record as to who was the driver and the distance you travelled.

I for one would be interested in there reply.

my partner is not from Sheffield and is familiar with areas like Hillsborough and the city centre but not worrall when she described to me where the taxi went she says the driver said he did not know where the place was when from her description is sounds like they were on the way to Bradfield.I thought all taxis had sat nav i was going to phone but she does not want to get anybody in trouble

We booked two taxis via the online website with City for last night. From Darnall to Ecclesall Road and back, was pleasantly surprised that even the later taxi was the same price as the earlier one - £15, thought that was good value especially considering the day of the year.