Disappointing Royal Variety Show.

Did anyone else think this years Royal Variety Show was bad. ? The Queen didnt sit in her box, as it was held in Blackpool. I dont know whether Im going deaf, but I can never understand what Peter Kay is saying. Bette Midler ? Why not have Shirley Bassey on ? Best act was Michael Buble, AND where was Michael Mackintyre ? (the best comedian of the lot ) ? :confused:

It was really the real thing? I watched a bit of it, but I thought it was a Peter Kay spoof! :D

It was really the real thing? I watched a bit of it, but I thought it was a Peter Kay spoof! :D

He delivers his jokes too quickly, and the punch line is lost. Hes not as good as he used to be. Lack of a good script I would say. Very amateurish.

10 seconds of some no name ventriloquist and off went the tv.

Is it me or is light entertainment drab and lifeless these days?

10 seconds of some no name ventriloquist and off went the tv.

Is it me or is light entertainment drab and lifeless these days?

No its not you, light entertainment is drab and lifeless .:roll:

I thought it was good. And if you'd have botherd to keep the puppet man on abit longer, you might have thought he was allright. I thought it was alltogether okay. Does it matter if the Queen sits in a box or not? :confused:

I thought it was good. And if you'd have botherd to keep the puppet man on abit longer, you might have thought he was allright. I thought it was alltogether okay. Does it matter if the Queen sits in a box or not? :confused:

Not at all, but lets have some decent acts and a compere that we can understand.:rolleyes:

So it actually was a Royal Variety Performance? Not a spoof show? The bit I saw was pretty flat. A no-name vent and a no-name comic, making Northern jokes :huh:

Disappointing for Diversity, wasn't that part of their prize for winning that talent competition, and they ended up in Blackpool? :P

So it actually was a Royal Variety Performance? Not a spoof show? The bit I saw was pretty flat. A no-name vent and a no-name comic, making Northern jokes :huh:

Disappointing for Diversity, wasn't that part of their prize for winning that talent competition, and they ended up in Blackpool? :P

Diversity and Michael Buble were the only decent acts on. It was drab and lifeless.

I caught Jason Manford and thought he was alright but he seemed to have toned his act down abit for the Queen.

Peter Kay was alright and I was disappointed with Diversity.

Although In the end switched over to something else.

katherine jenkins :love:

Ah, yes, beautiful set, but what was the song ?:huh: