Owls vs Blades matchthread.

Robbie Loving

with what ive heard BOTH teams hoofed it

"Heard", not been then? We didnt hoof it at all in the first. Wednesday are renowned for hoofball. Luckily this season united have played football, not hoofball. However admittedly in the second half from about 60mins we did start hoofing it and i hated seeing it. We were panicking and didnt play our best. I did a good fair review. Wouldnt hurt you to admit it or admit you would rather be in our position whether we lost or not today! Its all about the bigger picture...

Edited by damien666

That was a good day out.

First, I think that it important to point out how absolutely excellent the atmosphere was in the ground. I'd almost forgotten how much better a game is when the away end is full.

I thought that United started really brightly, then they bottled it. Loads of unforced errors from their midfield allowed the Massive to keep control of the game. With the exception of the first 10 minutes, United were really only in the game after they had brought Beattie on. I'm glad he came on too late to make a real difference.

The goal was a good one and I thought that Rob Jones was a bit fortunate to escape a card for his fisticuffs.

On the whole, Wednesday wanted it more than United and manged to produce one moment of class to seal the game.

We didnt hoof it at all in the first. Wednesday are renowned for hoofball. Luckily this season united have played football.

Hi Damien

The final score was:

Sheffield Wednesday 1 Sheffield United 0.

Get over it:)

"Heard", not been then? We didnt hoof it at all in the first. Wednesday are renowned for hoofball. Luckily this season united have played football, not hoofball. However admittedly in the second half from about 60mins we did start hoofing it and i hated seeing it. We were panicking and didnt play our best. I did a good fair review. Wouldnt hurt you to admit it or admit you would rather be in our position whether we lost or not today! Its all about the bigger picture...

yeah i dont live in sheff anymore, so i listened on the radio

and the bigger picture is....................we won, and so keep up with you

A real fan would have gone to the wrong ground and watched it on the telly:wink:

The latter part doesnt make sense "and so keep up with you..." if your referring to the fact that your win has made you catch up with us in the league table then that would be wrong. It has helped your position but youve not caught up. By far. Lets see when weve cleared our 2 games in hand and discuss then....

Edited by damien666

Based solely on the radio commentary (as I wasn't there or at the beamback, fortunately!), it came across as United had the better of a close first half, but not too much in it. Second half sounded much more in the owls favour as we didn't push forward as much, and the goal when it came wasn't a big surprise.

Can't comment on penalty shouts as both seemed to have a few, the owls took the chance, we were missing McDonald and it showed.

It certainly came across as one of the poorest quality games, the number of reported sloppy errors on both sides was far too high, but if you win you don't care of course!

We'll see how both sides react to this now - it's still in United's own hands without having to rely on others for automatic. Long long way to go though...!

Well done to the owls for the win today, much more riding on it for them than the blades today.

For the blades - hopefully just a blip on the way to promotion...