Bin Collections in the snow.

might be a lot more useful than this thread. I discovered they might be emptying my bin this weekend so I'm glad I didn't bring it back in!

Thanks for that. I was just about to bring mine in and now I know that both black and blue bins will be collected tomorrow morning.

John X

they are just pathetic ballet bin dancer men these days ... "cant walk on untreated pavements" etc to get the bins to the lorry & suchlike ... bloody postmen & meter readers & other service personnel have to walk the icy streets & do their job so why not bin-lazy's ?????

any excuse to do sod all merchants .... seriously how many roads have been inaccessible due to cars parked awkwardly due to the conditions .... if its one or two throughout the whole of sheffield i'd be suprised .... everyone else has to work so why do the workshy lazy bone idle fat binmen get away with it ????

This

http://www.sheffield.gov.uk/environment/waste/bincollections/bins-snow

might be a lot more useful than this thread. I discovered they might be emptying my bin this weekend so I'm glad I didn't bring it back in!

If your black bin collection was missed on Monday 11th or Tuesday 12th January, please place your black bin at the kerbside today and then again on Friday 15th January if they have not been collected today and we will try to empty them if roads are clear of snow and ice. If they are not emptied by Friday, please take your bin back to your property and they will be emptied next week as normal.

You missed me Monday 11th.....road is clear of snow. Did you come Friday?

Did you

Binmen can't get through the snow. School teachers use the snow as excuse for days off from the little darlings.

Yet...the postie still gets through.

Well done the post office.

It's just a shame that all the post was "junk" and went in the blue bin...uncollected! :rant:

Edited by Ms Macbeth
removed masked swearing

If your black bin collection was missed on Monday 11th or Tuesday 12th January, please place your black bin at the kerbside today and then again on Friday 15th January if they have not been collected today and we will try to empty them if roads are clear of snow and ice. If they are not emptied by Friday, please take your bin back to your property and they will be emptied next week as normal.

You missed me Monday 11th.....road is clear of snow. Did you come Friday?

Did you

Binmen can't get through the snow. School teachers use the snow as excuse for days off from the little darlings.

Yet...the postie still gets through.

Well done the post office.

It's just a shame that all the post was "junk" and went in the blue bin...uncollected! :rant:

If the binmen had driven their many ton lorry down your street and skidded on the ice into your car or your house you would be complaining I guess !

Grow up and give your posts a little thought before you click on 'submit reply'.

There are worse things happening in the world ............ Haiti ?

Edited by Daven

It's not a job I'd want to do to be honest .. and you folks who are moaning about the guys (and girls) - I'd suggest that it's not that they wouldn't do certain things, more that they are governed by rules as to what they can and cannot do .. so calling them idle is rather pointless don't you think?

My thanks to our bin men in Two Dales who haven't missed a collection during the bad weather despite our being at the top of an untreated hill !

"cant walk on untreated pavements" etc to get the bins to the lorry & suchlike

So you think they should have to try and drag full dustbins (particularly heavy at this time of year) across icy pavements, when the news media is full of images of people falling on their arses and hospitals dealing with a record number of broken bones?

I take it you think that safety at work is not important then?

Maybe we should go back to sending children up chimbleys?

John X