Sheffield United V Nottingham Forest (match thread)

BLADES-EELA

• 4 months later...

Poor game, Ultra negative Forest tactics (the Forest keeper was time wasting after 55 seconds, and never stopped throughout!!) and a tired looking team - no ideas at all today, and far too much straight down the middle... rotten free-kicks and corners too.

Easily the worst performance since the derby, and we didn't deserve any more than a point today.

Wouldn't be surprised if one of the Forest players gets in trouble though, after manhandling one of the ball boys...

Hopefully this is a blip, the ref was a muppet today and we just never got going - Brum are struggling too, looks like Cardiff might sneak up on the blindside...

Once again Monty stood out, played some quality balls today too - Howard was back to being useless, Cotts was in and out, Hendo and Ward never got any decent service... a week's rest before Burnley is much needed!

A bad day at the office for certain. Hope Forest go down though, they're a cynical, cheating team and glad to see Norwich won, to put them back in the relegation zone.

Poor game, Ultra negative Forest tactics (the Forest keeper was time wasting after 55 seconds, and never stopped throughout!!) and a tired looking team - no ideas at all today, and far too much straight down the middle... rotten free-kicks and corners too.

Easily the worst performance since the derby, and we didn't deserve any more than a point today.

Wouldn't be surprised if one of the Forest players gets in trouble though, after manhandling one of the ball boys...

Hopefully this is a blip, the ref was a muppet today and we just never got going - Brum are struggling too, looks like Cardiff might sneak up on the blindside...

Once again Monty stood out, played some quality balls today too - Howard was back to being useless, Cotts was in and out, Hendo and Ward never got any decent service... a week's rest before Burnley is much needed!

A bad day at the office for certain. Hope Forest go down though, they're a cynical, cheating team and glad to see Norwich won, to put them back in the relegation zone.

Almost word for word what I was thinking;apart from I thought Bromby was woeful.Not confident if Killa's out for the season.I'd like to see Hendrie given a start.I hope Forest go down,they're a disgrace.

The ref was an utter numpty. He was in love with his whistle, IMO.

I couldn't believe the Forest player decking our player, fifteen minutes in, and the red card was, quite rightly, served up.

However, their no 11, going for the ball boy, was just as violent and unsporting conduct, and IMO that should have warranted a red, too.

I used to respect Billy Davies as a manager for what he has achieved with the few teams he has managed - what a difference 90 minutes makes.

Time wasting, feigning injuries, man handling of a minor was all part and parcel of the most despicable side I have EVER witnessed come to the lane.

The time wasting that occurred today was an absolute disgrace

Talking the keeper over 15 seconds to kick the ball from his hands, taking him over 30 seconds from goal kicks, throw ins that was about to be took after some time wasting then being left for another player to throw, walking past a ball that has been thrown to them so they then had to go fetch it after more time wasting, the keeper taking the ball away from where a free kick was meant to be taken on the half way line and giving to a ball boy so another one had to be passed to the player who then decided to walk past it, the manager instructing his keeper to walk away from the ball to waste more time, players going down in the box - about to get back up with no problem then deciding to stay down when they realised they had a free kick and players sprinting to the far side of the pitch when realising they were being taken off to then stroll towards the new sub.

I accept time wasting is part and parcel of the game, but this took time wasting to a whole new level and then carried on.

On to the ref.... I know it is hard to punish people who are time wasting unless it is really bad - however this was really bad and Forest should have got far more cards than the 2 produced for time wasting should have been given. The referee bottled every decision after the sending off (which I will come to) and allowed Forest to basically run the show. One of the decisions that incensed me was giving a free kick against Lee Hendrie when the forest player decided to use Hendries head as an elbow landing place. Hendrie could not even walk in a straight line when he managed to get up. Another was giving a 'foul throw' against us when we took the throw in and the ref decided it was a few yards away from where it should be.... which you may understand if it was miles away and the ref had already told the player he couldn't go any further.... but he didn't and throw was actually taken closer to our own goal than theirs.... the result - not a re-take but a throw to Forest.

The sending off for a head butt on Halford..... I didn't personally see it happen but the ref was around 5 yards away so I shall only accept that it occurred.

But apart from that, let's not take away the fact that our performance was shocking. We had nothing about us and wouldn't have scored had we played till midnight (however there would only be about 6 minutes play time until midnight with the time wasting from Forest)

Brum and Reading are making it easy to get this second position and we're not taking advantage like we should be doing.

As for Blackwell, he decided to play with 4 defenders all game even though we could have played with 2 defenders and still been very content with anything forest threw at us. At one point you could see Morgan asking if he should stay up front and Blackwell said no..... tells it's own story.

Cardiff are the team to watch -only 3 behind the blades with a game in hand,and they come to Hillsbro on last day of season

Blades have a better goal difference, so thats good for an extra point.

Blades slipping up today means it will probably go down to the last match of the season.

Blades at Palace and Brum at Reading :o

After doing all the hard work and winning at Reading we now have to go to Burnley and win or at the very least get a point.

I should have stayed an extra 2 days :hihi::hihi::hihi:

However, their no 11, going for the ball boy, was just as violent and unsporting conduct, and IMO that should have warranted a red, too.

It was their number 4 ;)

I don't think the ref knew what to do... he kept him there for a few minutes whilst he was radioing the 4th official (I assume it was him it was him he was radioing through to) to see what to do. I think the ref didn't know whether he should send him off.

I hope reprecussions come against this player, because to grab hold of a minor is disgusting.