Disguised Speed Camera Van in Derbyshire

A warning to motorists who venture in Derbyshire. Went to Alton Towers on Saturday via Ashbourne and on the A515 (50mph limit) and just outside the Bluebell Pub there was a light blue van, not signwritten, had a towbar but with a black back window half open. I remember reading about it in The Metro a couple of weeks back. The Derbyshire force actually took one of their police camera vans (white with safety camera partnership and the logos on it) and resprayed it light blue with no signwriting and fitted a towbar to it to make it look a normal van. There was a photo of it in the paper in its previous life compared to what it is now. The force said it wasnt trying to make money and stressed there were plenty of speed camera signs..... mmmm

I hate Derbyshire almost as much as I hate Leeds.

If you live there, you deserve to be punished to the full extent of the law, you stuck up bunch of pretentious snobs :rant:

I wish the Police the very best of luck in performing this vital task for the community :thumbsup:

Derbyshire traffic cops are known to be the worst. Whenever I mention I'm going out that way to my mate he always says "remember, you're in derbyshire you don't want a run in with the police".

If I drove a van and went passed that disguised camera I'd back it up and park infront of the window :hihi:

I hate Derbyshire almost as much as I hate Leeds.

If you live there, you deserve to be punished to the full extent of the law, you stuck up bunch of pretentious snobs :rant:

I wish the Police the very best of luck in performing this vital task for the community :thumbsup:

That's a bit harsh. Why do you hate Derbyshire so much? I think it's a lovely place with lot's of friendly folk and I should know because I spent the first 32yrs of my life there. Also I have lots of family and frinds living there still.

Now Leeds - there's something else. They can't even beat Doncaster! (well done Donny)

Its my opinion ALL speed-cameras should be hidden...that way they will catch the speeding maniacs who only slow down to legal limit when they are within 50 yards of a speedcam. Whats the point of painting cameras yellow...they only warn the nutters and just make for safe speeds in the immediate vicinity. If motorists paid more attention to the roadway speed limit signs and obeyed them there wouldn't be any need to worry about getting caught by cameras...hidden or not.....

They've also introduced lots of new speed limits on the roads that nearly caught me out yesterday.

It's now 30mph through Calver (was 40mph) and near Froggat it goes from derestricted, down to 30mph and then back to derestricted. Can't remember what the road number is >_<

Oh and it's 30mph through Darley Dale on the A6 when it was previously 40mph.

Saw 1 in the back of a horsebox in the newspaper the other week, think it is disgusting!!!!!!!!

Only disgusting if you're over the speed limit. Like so many other things, if you stick to the law you've got nothing to worry about. Best of luck to the police.