Haringey Sharon Shoesmith sacked

Just read on teletext that Sharon Shoesmith has been sacked. The council leader and the cabinet member for children have resigned. There is no mention of any of the social workers involved.

Great, trial by media, except with finger trigger happy police of course.:mad:

I don`t think that`s so Suffy. The action follows a damning report by the people sent in by Ed Balls to see what was going on. Clearly there were major problems which have been uncovered.

Just read on teletext that Sharon Shoesmith has been sacked. The council leader and the cabinet member for children have resigned. There is no mention of any of the social workers involved.

And this was the woman who said when the death of baby P was uncovered " I dont think anyone should lose their jobs over this !! " :rolleyes:

I don`t think that`s so Suffy. The action follows a damning report by the people sent in by Ed Balls to see what was going on. Clearly there were major problems which have been uncovered.

The media has not helped though has it? With the likes of the Sun running campaigns and petitions to get her sacked.

she should have been though. incompetent crow. 60 visits by her staff to 1 kid and still didnt section him off. They are the ones officially responsible. Usually 1 visit may be a bit harsh to take a kid away, 2 is rare, 3 or 4 and you know something is not right. 10 visits and the prison door should have been slammed then. But 60?

Mickey mouse could have run a better department....

i saw her quote and picture in the metro, she didn't do herself any favours with her own words and her picture came across as hard faced, not my problem kind of thing

Well actually, she hasn't been sacked, exactly. She has been 'removed from her post' but is on full pay. Probably to be moved elsewhere.

BBC story here.

The whole lot of them should be sacked and new staff brought in.

Well done BBC, on teletext it plainly said she had been sacked and two high ranking council people had resigned. Now the story is completely different.

Well done BBC, on teletext it plainly said she had been sacked and two high ranking council people had resigned. Now the story is completely different.

ITV announced on their bulletin this evening that she was "sacked", but then within seconds said "removed from her post on full pay".

She may well get the chop, but as far as I'm concerned, if you're on full pay, you're not sacked.

And this was the woman who said when the death of baby P was uncovered " I dont think anyone should lose their jobs over this !! " :rolleyes:

Exactly. I thought that was one of the most gobsmackingly arrogant remarks I'd ever heard. How did she know at that point whether anyone deserved to lose their jobs? I'd have fired her just for saying that.