High Green what's it like now?

Is this a rough area?, a relative is looking at this area but i thought it was full of chavs?

It is. Certainly not a place for a young professional. There's a vile estate in the middle surrounded by a few spots of nicer houses and one of the schools in the area (naming no names) is absolutely atrocious.

I've been In high green now for over a year and a half just up foster way near the doctors mainly old folk living round here and never had any problems I've walked back from the pub at 2 in the morning and no issues good local shops to and great transport links :)

It is. Certainly not a place for a young professional. There's a vile estate in the middle surrounded by a few spots of nicer houses and one of the schools in the area (naming no names) is absolutely atrocious.

Got abit of an axe to grind perhaps???

I have lived in High Green for over 20 years and can honestly say I have never had any problems. A short distance from Chapeltown which has shops, busses and trains.

Yes I can believe.

Personally,I would defiantly not recommend High Green.

We made the mistake of buying a house there in 2007 (Greengate Lane) and it was truly awful. Our garden was used by the locals as a gennel as it was marginally quicker than walking round the house, police about more often than they should be, police helicopter was a regular site. The local park had more graffiti and broken glass than play facilities. The local shops were the number 1 chav hangout area, making nipping out for a pint of milk a non too pleasant task. Off road bikers razzing up and down the road at all times of day and night. I could go on. We sold up less than 3 years later and took a 27k loss on the house but it was worth it to get out. Not long after we'd moved house, poor old Alan Greaves was murdered on our old Road on Christmas Eve. So glad we moved.

Well I wouldn't live there. Try Ecclesfield

I call it hellgreen ,it used to be nice ,its like a nightmare now ,theres a road called miles road ,its that bad on there decent people try to avoid it when going to the shop,you could get bit by a dog or the owner ,there shamefull ,and not a police person to be seen ,

Hmmmm to me seems like everyone is trying to say it's a dump when actually it's nice ( most of it ) and I'm on the end of foster way near doctors and nice and friendly people no trouble what so ever, at the end of the day I could say bad things about other areas of Sheffield as there is always bad things or bad people in every area!!

Hmmmm to me seems like everyone is trying to say it's a dump when actually it's nice ( most of it ) and I'm on the end of foster way near doctors and nice and friendly people no trouble what so ever, at the end of the day I could say bad things about other areas of Sheffield as there is always bad things or bad people in every area!!

As always though it's quite obvious some people badmouthing the place live on the other side of the city. :hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi:

I don't know much of the place, but my husband grew up there and he's pretty awesome.... :)

Maureen, Alan Grieves wife, lives there, she too is pretty awesome.

It's much like everywhere. There's good and there's bad.