Digital camera repairs

Anybody know where I can get a digital compact repaired for less than the £200 quoted by a well known high street chain? The screen on the back has cracked internally

I think you'll find it almost impossible to get a repair for less than the price of replacement.

A friend had to bin an expensive digi S.L.R. for the same reasons. The manufacturers are loving this resurgance of mass photography; - the likes of which have not been seen since the coming of the Box Brownie.

Speaking of which, you would possibly get better results with a Brownie, more reliability and less costs in the long and the short term.

UNless it's a really good one it will be cheaper to replace it and flog the faulty one on ebay. Somone might want one for reasons other than the screen.

Anybody know where I can get a digital compact repaired for less than the £200 quoted by a well known high street chain? The screen on the back has cracked internally

If you have home contents insurance, you may want to remember carefully where you dropped it.

Try Premier Electronic Services in Beighton - they repaired my Sony digital camera for a very reasonable £35 (after I bargained them down from £40).

thanks muzzle, I'll give them a try

Another recommendation from me for Premier - they have an oustanding reputation for things like that.

Hello three year old thread!

Is Premier Electronic Services in Beighton still fixing cameras? The command dial on mine is playing up in a manner that suggests it has a loose connection. Going to strip it myself tonight and have a look, but it's nice to have a backup plan.

Full marks to Johnsons Photopia Ltd, the UK importers of Pentax. They replied to my email about spare parts for a five year old camera before 9am - and the spares parts are very reasonable too.

Edited by Number Six

Just to confirm that the shop in Beighton is still there and is still repairing cameras, as we went there not long ago. However he told us that the only place for ours was the bin... but we eventually got it working again by following some instructions off the web, so I wasn't altogether convinced by him.

Thanks metalman. Hopefully I can fix it myself - the switch mechanism is either out of alignment, dusty, or broken. If it is the latter, Pentax can provide all the parts for £12 delivered - I'm seriously impressed!